Tasks in other teams

Jeremy

@Steve Giller so we have our service analysts set up with the Service Desk Admin rights and also the Full Access for the Service Requests and the Incidents. But they still cannot complete tasks in other teams, we do have our tasks assigned to a suitable team but sometimes tickets are assigned to other teams either without the tasks being done so the process slows.

As we mentioned before we are using the Super User Role to get around this with some of our analysts to enable them to action these tasks, but we want to end the use of this role.

Guest Paul Alexander

This isn't a 'fix' as such, but could you add specific people (Team Leaders or Managers for instance) to all of the different teams which may have a Task assigned to them, giving them the 'Allow Task Action' rights.

But (in the Service Manager/Service Desk settings) make sure that the 'Enable Assignment' option isn't set for this user?

In this way, that person should be able to  complete the tasks assigned to the 'other' teams, but won't have requests assigned to them.

Doing this MAY upset any views they have set for 'all my teams' etc, but it should get around not being able to complete other teams tasks.

Would that help?

Also, this was brought up in this post too: 

Apologies for hijacking this thread.  But I'm in a very similar position to Jeremy, but our team reach out to admins once they've got the approval manually via email or teams. As there are only two of us, sometimes it can get a bit much, but we've continued to limp along with this.

@HHH I think your task completer role would be a very useful role, which we could perhaps role out to our team leads.

Is this a custom role you created and configured? I had a look at the roles briefly and the wiki and couldn't find such a setting. I'd be keen to know how you've configured it.

Many Thanks

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have the same conundrum...despite having the Advanced Request Task Completer right within a Role

Analysts can update tasks assigned to themselves
Analysts can update tasks assigned to other analysts
Analysts can update tasks assigned to roles
Analysts cannot update tasks assigned to teams (where there is no named/assigned user)

It would really help us if our analysts could action tasks that are assigned to other teams (when we are in a position to share workload) 

• 1 month later...

+1 for ability for a role/right for individuals to be able to interact with tasks assigned to teams they are not assigned to.

Beyond occasionally just needing to complete a task on behalf of another team, it's also fairly common for someone to accidentally re-assign a task to the wrong team but then immediately not be able to amend it to the correct team themselves.

• 4 weeks later...

another bump for this issue as we are about to on board another new department and with this issue being outstanding for so long is being more of an issue as we are juggling roles to get around this problem.

As mentioned previously we are having to use the 'Super User' role, but this is then causing knock on issues with our internal goverence with what people can see within the system.

+1 for this to work when assigned to teams also

It wouldn't be so bad if the 'Owner' could be a role then we could just make the owner the custom role with the advanced request task completer right but even that isn't a possible workaround at the moment. 

If something is currently activity driven we lock the assignment options until the task is complete but I would like to see a role where it's just under an admin that will have these rights such as the managers by default

• 11 months later...

+1 , Please let me know if there is any plan to fix this, or is there any Enhancement already in place?

We have an Incident logged by our customer for a similar issue,

In our scenario When the Problem ticket is logged and assigned to Team A the Tasks (Created through Workflow) have also been assigned to that Team. But they are not actioned by Team A and in between the PM ticket gets re-assigned to Team B.

Now these tasks which were created earlier still has the Assigned Group set to Team A, hence Team B are unable to progress with their ticket. As the Tasks are not editable for them.

I have logged an Incident (IN00181281 ) for this with HB and I was asked to follow this Thread for further notifications.

Regards,

Sahana