BPM nodes displaying in UI as unconnected and displaced when loading BPM (but function ok)

This BPM seems to have an issue with the graphics. There must be something a bit off with the UI drawing/rendering aspect (the BPM itself is functioning).

I have seen this before and corrected and saved it but it has returned. As soon as you start to move the affected nodes, they instantly show as connected again.

I have highlighted where the nodes should be showing and pointed towards where they actually render.

image.thumb.png.cc945a4a52610d97dadefad9b922fd49.png 

• Berto2002 changed the title to BPM nodes displaying in UI as unconnected and displaced when loading BPM (but function ok)

Hi @Berto2002

Thanks for your post.  I've just done some quick tests on moving, adding, groups and adding existing nodes to groups.  I can't quite get the same issue that you are getting.  I do find that if you move a group around the canvas, it hoovers up any node that the group box passes over which results in a few odd UI layouts. Have you tried deleting the Group Box and then re-adding selected nodes to a new Group?

image.png

I'll pass what I have found back to development to see if there is anything that they can look at to improve.  

Can I also ask which browser you are using so that I can test using the same browser?

I also thought I'd mention that there is a lock on the group that can be turned on.  Once you have the nodes that you want in the group, it is worth locking it.  This will prevent other nodes that are not in the group from accidently being adding into the group if you move the group around.

image.png

@James Ainsworth I believe removing the group and re-adding will fix it from memory I have done this before. Before I fix it, do you want me to give a dev passcode access for a short period to extract this specific BPM (or I can export and sent-in)? I could log via Support if that would help them find the curios on the code for a future fix?

Hi @Berto2002

We have added a very minor change that automatically locks the group when it is minimized.  This way when you expand the group, it won't accidentally add nodes that are overlapped by the expanded group box.  This should help prevent this from happening, or at least reduce the occurrences.  

You're always welcome to submit a support ticket if would like to and arrange with Hornbill Support to have a developer take a look.  It is fairly easy to re-create the issue, so I don't think it would be needed by development to investigate.