Using Simple Lists to store emails address for approval but not being able to use the same email twice, help.

DeejayBrown

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, I hope someone can help with this. We are trying to set up a self service option that allows our customers to log access to BI Reports through Hornbill, all of the report approve don't have Hornbill accounts so the request gets sent as an external authorisation node with their emails in a simple list with the name of the report they approve in the display that the customer sees. This works perfectly but the issue I have is some people approve access to a selection of reports and you can't have the same value for one option has anyone had to do something like this and if so what work around did you use? 

Thanks for any help you can give.

Is this the type of setup that you are trying to do?  And you are getting an error when entering in the same email twice?

image.png

If that's the case, the Value field is a unique key for the simple list and you can't have duplicate values.  Let me know if I'm on the right track and from there we can see if there is another way to approach this.

17 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Is this the type of setup that you are trying to do?  And you are getting an error when entering in the same email twice?

image.png

If that's the case, the Value field is a unique key for the simple list and you can't have duplicate values.  Let me know if I'm on the right track and from there we can see if there is another way to approach this.

Hi James.

Yes that is exactly the way it looks, I tried to put a number after or before the email address in the value field to make it unique but that stops the BPM being able to read the email address.

Thank You

Deejay Brown

• 3 weeks later...