Custom Fields not pulling through

SJEaton

Hi

I have various custom fields pulled into the description which is shown in the request details but they aren't pulling through.  If I pull them through as a getICanswers variable they work ok but if I pull through as getrequestdetails and select the CustomFields it doesn't work. 

I've done some tests where I also update the timeline with all custom fields and they are all blank - SR00476821    

I then changed custom field C to getICanswer instead and it pulled it through ok - SR00476859

I have a get request details node prior to setting the summary and description so any ideas why this is happening?  

image.png.8a6d5fd915ac0fca0c0fcec714b6a389.png    Sam

Hi Sam,

How are the custom fields being populated?  This would normally happen through Intelligent Capture Mapping.  Are you able to provide a screenshot of your custom Intelligent Capture Field Settings form where you define the field mapping.  Also let us know what type of information you are trying to captures.  For example text, numeric, or date/time.  Different custom fields have different types set against them, so if one tries do map text to a numeric field, it will fail when trying to update.  

image.png

Hi @James Ainsworth

I have lots of custom fields mapped in the IC.  An example here shows custom C, E, O and T are in one form. These are text format...

image.png.7518c8c7181bc88a4e13051c1ccd5032.png

image.png.f91e2ad48c832d2fa84b4941f5044e0c.png image.png.f1e18e084acaa2ae3e024705f690289f.pngimage.png.790653be45fdc3771b3df046daa291de.pngimage.png.1b43159c902aa79de6622368229dd100.png

I do have multiple forms with these custom fields in, but each form has a different Form ID and I understand this is fine to have. 

The other custom fields I use are all set up in a similar way and some are dates, some are numbers, and some are text. These are only used once in the IC yet they do not pull through either, eg...

image.png.29bcf0045df1ebe5938ba2bf78f659bc.pngimage.png.ff77b8ed0c75a420cc1e37a8e5d1e300.pngimage.png.b5c871ed91de5ecbfdfafe1093419fd4.png

Hi @James Ainsworth, I'm finding more and more instances where the custom fields don't seem to be pulling through into the BPM. I have various 'get request details' all throughout the BPM and then I based a branch Gotoif statement on the value of a custom field and the branches aren't routing as they should, so it seems there's definitely a problem somewhere.

I've numbered the Gotoif statements to see if that made a difference but it doesn't seem to have.

I have an example where Custom N is used in 12 x forms on the IC, and then it's used in a branch Gotoif as follows, and it's not working.  Although Custom N appear in 12 forms, it will only pass through one of the forms but is this the issue do you think? I've had other ICs that use the same custom field multiple times and there hasn't been an issue, so I've always thought that's ok??   

image.png.c9ab6c6648dbf2c0b5a0dab57458c05e.png

image.png.5bbb5e999f35a72891d42bba581b5533.png

image.png.b7f91998777f694dc08f13f7dc5fe550.png

This is really slowing down the configuration of a process that is top priority for me to be completed this week so its urgent that I get this sorted asap.        

You appear to have a Decision Node with 3 inputs.

Regardless of the fact that this isn't meant to happen, this means that the Decision's expressions have 3 options to compare against, which doesn't make sense.
You also have a branch that bypasses all of the Custom N nodes, so from the screenshot it appears perfectly feasible that it may not be populated.

Hi @Steve Giller

I've amended the IC so the decision node only has 2 inputs.   It would be useful if there was an error message (as there is in a BPM) that flags in the IC when this is done as it allowed me to do this and save and publish so it's misleading.   

image.png.29069e5cacc7d75407fb3588e202d322.png

I have however tested again, with a scenario that doesn't bypass the populating of custom N and it still isn't pulling it into the BPM - see timeline update on SR00478270.

Custom Fields C, E, O and T still aren't pulling through either.  These are captured in forms prior to the node that I have amended. 

Nanette has a passcode already to look into this.

Sam

Hi

I've done some tests this morning using old versions of the IC which prove that at some point custom fields were pulling through into the BPM. I've updated IN00174847 with the details.

Basically it tells me that the issue started after version 'DS_MSE - New Joiner 2 (copy 071122)' of the IC when I started adding the other 'Additional System Access Information' forms.  None of these forms have custom fields in them though, they just have override flags based on what is selected in the previous forms for C,E,O,T so why would this cause the issue?

It should also be noted that 'DS_MSE - New Joiner 2 (copy 071122)' still has the 3 inputs into a branch node and it works still!

Hi, 

Hi

Thanks for the detailed investigation.  

SR00478490, SR00478527 and SR00478571 were all examples that I provided where I was proving that it was working correctly originally, so I already knew that the custom fields pulled through as they should have done on these requests.  Sorry if this was misleading in my email as its resulted in investigation you didn't need to undertake.  

The investigation into SR00478551 has however found the cause of the issue - an incorrect mapping of a character value to an integer field (custom 26).  I thought custom fields 26-30 were for whole numbers so thought it would be ok to use but now I know lol.  I've changed it to Custom 35 and all custom fields are pulling through, hooray!!