Contact Details for all Users in Requests

Nikolaj

Hello Support,

Is it possible that for all User the Contact Details will be displayed with the same information?

For example we would like to use Instant Messaging.. I can see it for some users but not for all and some of us cannot even see this information where im sure the user have this detail.

Is this a configuration somewhere? 

Thanks Nikolaj

image.png.7a0f9c326202fd87f89d79a60da8c9b9.pngimage.png.8e2f2959102d2daa5b0c3239368bff30.png

Hello @Steve Giller

Ok thank you i saw it and will see if we can configure it for the data import because it seems that some of our user have filled it in and some not. 

Can you also tell me why some of my service desk user can see this information and the others not? is this something i have to setup in the user rights? or ist it related to the Team or  Service/ catalog items?

thanks

Nikolaj

Hi @Nikolaj

There may be a couple of reasons behind this.

The Instant Messaging field by default is within a section on the user profile that has some controls over visibility by the user.  A user can change if this section is public or can only be seen by followers or even set as private.  

image.png

I believe that in most cases, the roles within Service Manager allow for visibility of these fields in any case.  The right View Customer Records I believe allows for this.  It might be that some of the support staff are using custom roles that do not include this right.  Are you able to check for this?

image.png

Hi @Nikolaj

I'm going to assume that you have some admin rights to Hornbill.  This is possibly what is allowing you to see all this information that some of the other staff can't see.  I believe that this is related to the Following functionality on a user's profile.

Could you have this user/support analyst that can't see the details from a user's profile, go to that profile click on the Follow button.   Then look again to see if this extra information is then visible.  Once we know if that is the case, then I have a couple of suggestions to change this.

image.png

• Like 1

If it is the case where Following a user then makes the Instant Messaging field visible, one option is to do as described below...

Under Platform Configuration ->Customize->User Profile, you can design the layout of the profile sections.  The bottom three sections (Contact Details, Interests & Expertise, and Personal Details) all allow a user to have some level of control who can see the content of these sections (public, followers, or private).  Instant Messaging is in the Contact Details section.

If you go into design mode, you can drag and drop the Instant Messaging field into the Job Details section where this information is always visible.

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @James Ainsworth Thanks for your Help. You are right I have admin rights. And when he click on the follow Button then he can see this information. I think i will try your solution and drag and drop the Instant Messaging field into the Job Details section where this information is always visible.

Thanks and best regards

Nikolaj