Maintenance Window - autoUpdate.maintenanceWindow day of the week syntax

The description for the Platform setting autoUpdate.maintenanceWindow indicates the setting can be set to be a certain day(s) of the week.

image.thumb.png.2daf4cc405754790a840dd75abeec5f9.png

Can I confirm that if we wanted only to apply application updates to our instance on Tuesday to Thursday morning the syntax would be

03:30-03:50/Tu,We,Th

Or can we use a - between i.e.

03:30-03:50/Tu-Th

Thanks

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton
All Platform Updates are performed at 5am UTC Mon-Fri. This is not customisable. Going forward (by the end of this month) the option for Application updates will also be removed and these too will be performed at 6am UTC. The reasons are many but any interruption during the update should be limited to no more than 1 minute. 

Kind Regards

Keith Stevenson

@Keith Stevenson

That causes us a problem as we have teams working at this time and also have scheduled requests being logged at this time as well. 

I cannot see any discussion or notification of this change on the forum or direct notification to those administrator where the setting is not the default in their instance.

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton
The platform setting was removed from being an instance setting more than 16 months ago and since then all platform updates have been at 5AM (These are the ones that may cause upto 1 minute of interruption. ) Applications up until last month were also at the same time (Due to the configurable setting being ignored) and these should not cause any interruption. Going forward these will be at 0530 (Above I originally stated 0600 but will correct that) and typically take around 30 seconds (But with 0 interruption) . 

I can agree that there was no notification of the changes and perhaps it would have been better to post before the change, but as the Platform setting was only ever changed by 1 instance and the application setting never took effect as expected (until last month) it was deemed unnecessary. In hindsight it would have probably been better to remove the option for application setting last month rather than correct the existing issue (which may have given a false impression) and going forward we will provide more detailed announcements when not covered by release notes.  

Kind Regards

Keith Stevenson

@Keith Stevenson

The issue with the Application Maintenance Window not apply UTC/DST correctly was raised by ourselves, resulting in the KE/PM as it was having an impact on our user in India who are online at the time.

So, just to confirm all platform and application updates will be applied on the next 05:30hrs UTC (not being affected by DST) daily following the update being released? 

Presume this is for all instances on nodes in the UK datacentres?

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton

The Updates for Platform will be at 5am UTC and Apps at 0530 UTC all year round. Apps updates should not cause downtime. This ongoing change is all a journey to micro services in which there is no concept of nodes as exist now and once achieved their will be no update time at all (As micro services will just start when required with the latest versions and those micro services that were running previous version will disappear once they have completed the current task) 

This update time applies to all DCs no matter where the location 

Kind Regards

Keith Stevenson