Assigning a saved Business Process (workflow) to Request, e.g. Incident or Release Requests

Hiten

Hi all, 

We created our Business Processes before Hornbill got this current UI look.  Then, I recall there were some options where you could apply a particular Progressive Capture to say the Customer Portal and a variation of this if the Hornbill User clicks 'Raise New to internally create a new Request'.

I have been through all the Admin options, including Intelligent Capture and Business Processes and am unable to find where I can set the workflow I want a particular type of Request to use. 

In the Data options, under Profiles, I do find that  I can + Item and add a new Category (below), however this surfaces the option publicly in the Customer Portal.  Whereas in the old UI you could specify where it is visible (where the Progressive Capture is used).

image.thumb.png.b6496f5b960309d143bc2eb2d2bf2b01.png

Does anyone know where I can find this?  Or has it been removed completely???

Thanks,
Hiten

Hi @SamS

Hope you are well. 

I cannot quite figure out why or if this if this by design, but when looking at Emails in Hornbill and trying to use the [Create Request] button and following the Intelligent Capture process in an attempt to create a Service Request from the email, there is no Next button in the process (the Service List items are displays but you cannot proceed with any of them).  Whereas the same can be done for an Incident (so in theory it should work and sounds like something in the Business Process).  

That said, when you use the same 'Business Process' which is being called for Service Requests, i.e to Raise New and do the same, the Next button does work and you can create a Request.  Do you have any ideas as to why this might not be working?

Regards, 
Hiten

4 hours ago, Hiten said:

I cannot quite figure out why or if this if this by design, but when looking at Emails in Hornbill and trying to use the [Create Request] button and following the Intelligent Capture process in an attempt to create a Service Request from the email, there is no Next button in the process (the Service List items are displays but you cannot proceed with any of them)

You need to look at the intelligent capture configuration used for raising requests from emails and Service Requests. This might very well be different than the capture used for same action but Incidents and might be different from the one used for "Raise New" in request list.

First identify which capture initiates when using "Raise Request" when viewing an email. The capture used here is configured in app.itsm.progressiveCapture.newRequestFromEmail app setting. If this setting does not have a value then the capture used will be the one set on app.itsm.progressiveCapture.newRequest. See what capture is configured them look at its configuration and see if you can find why when raising Service Requests from emails don't give you the option to progress past services list... 

17 hours ago, Victor said:

You need to look at the intelligent capture configuration used for raising requests from emails and Service Requests. This might very well be different than the capture used for same action but Incidents and might be different from the one used for "Raise New" in request list.

First identify which capture initiates when using "Raise Request" when viewing an email. The capture used here is configured in app.itsm.progressiveCapture.newRequestFromEmail app setting. If this setting does not have a value then the capture used will be the one set on app.itsm.progressiveCapture.newRequest. See what capture is configured them look at its configuration and see if you can find why when raising Service Requests from emails don't give you the option to progress past services list... 

Hi @Victor

That was very useful, was able to track this through and find where in the process an invalid intelligent Capture was set.  Changed to a current one and it is working.

Appreciate the help, thank you! 

Hiten