Hide last stage of workflow

Alisha

Hello,

We have the 'app.bpm.display.skippedstages.hide' setting switched on and it works a treat for stages in the middle of a Business Process. However, if the last stage is not used, it is still shown on the Heads Up Display.

Please could we request an enhancement to hide the last stage of the workflow if it's not used?

Many thanks,
Alisha

Last Stage.png

+1 - we have a single bpm where different stages does different things dependent on the App it's raised for (to avoid clogging up the already massive list of BPM's). Having the ability to hide unused stages from showing (before or after) would be fab.

• Like 1

Hi @Alisha

The setting 'app.bpm.display.skippedstages.hide' only applied to stages that have been skipped which is controlled by the Next Stage node.  I'm assuming that in the Resolution stage of your workflow you have an End node which would be ending the workflow rather than skipping to another stage.  One option might be to have a very simple last stage with just an End node and have the Resolution stage use a Next node to that last stage instead of an End node.  

• Like 1

Guest Paul Alexander

I understand that this is slightly different, but would it be possible to have an option in the BPM editor as to whether or not to show a particular stage in the HUD? We have a few BPM's where a stage is just used to do things like add connections and/or update custom fields etc, and the 'work' done in these stages don't need to be shown in the BPM?

Just now, Paul Alexander said:

I understand that this is slightly different, but would it be possible to have an option in the BPM editor as to whether or not to show a particular stage in the HUD? We have a few BPM's where a stage is just used to do things like add connections and/or update custom fields etc, and the 'work' done in these stages don't need to be shown in the BPM?

+1 

Hi @James Ainsworth,

I have added a stage with just a Start and an End node, but it doesn't look quite right when the request is in a Resolved state. As we have a suspend node after the request is Resolved, the stage will only get hidden when the request is Closed.

Hopefully the screenshots will illustrate what I mean.

Please could we just have the option to hide whichever stage we need hidden, as Paul has suggested?

Many thanks,
Alisha

Other Incident Resolved.png

Other Incident Closed.png

Self Help Resolved.png

Self Help Closed.png

Self Help.png

Hi @Paul Alexander

11 hours ago, Paul Alexander said:

I'm interested to know the reason behind wanting connections or custom field updates to have their own stage and not just be part of any other existing stage? Are the workflows in these stages that you would like to see hidden very large?

7 hours ago, Alisha said:

Please could we just have the option to hide whichever stage we need hidden, as Paul has suggested?

@Alisha

I think what Paul is asking for is different from what you are asking for.  All valid ideas, but I'm not sure that what Paul is suggesting would necessarily provide an answer for your scenario.

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth

9 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

I'm interested to know the reason behind wanting connections or custom field updates to have their own stage and not just be part of any other existing stage? Are the workflows in these stages that you would like to see hidden very large?

We have a couple of processes where there are a lot of decision trees to work through so, although each request will only for through ONE path per ticket, the possible options are quite big. The outcome of these decisions will update some custom fields which are then used in email templates etc further on in the process.

So I've added these decisions to their own stage so that they don't make the other stages too messy (which I find easier to update in the case of someone wanting a change). However, as this stage doesn't actually do anything which would be of interest to the customer, it doesn't really need to be included in the HUD. 

So yes, this IS slightly different to what @Alisha is asking for is slightly different....and I should really have started  a new thread! Sorry....

image.thumb.png.8a49a0147ecb7625b7108407de194cea.png image.thumb.png.6fe41545aea8d51f0b65c3a5cd037510.png