Alerting if a Service Desk Call / email hasn't been actioned

Gavin James - SDDC

Morning,   

I would like some guidance on the best approach in regard to obtaining some alerts from Service Manager.

I would like to receive an email and/or MS Teams message if my team have Unallocated and Unassigned calls in our First Line Service Manager queue for longer than 15 mins, and also if there are emails within the email inbox for longer than 15 mins.   Ideally, I would like to get an automated email / MS Teams message to myself informing me "Your team have outstanding emails / unassigned and Unallocated calls waiting" would be even better if the communication could give me some details e.g. how many emails and/or Unallocated and Unaasigned calls are waiting.

As I say just after the best approach to take really.

Thanks

Gavin

Your first requirement looks easy to achieve. If immediately after logging a new request, you place a human task for 'triage' with an expiry of 15 minutes then you have an opportunity to specify in the expression that follows what happens if it expires; such as sending you an email, assigning it to an escalation team or placing a message on a teams channel. If the first line team attend to that human task within 15 minutes then your workflow will not provide that escalation.

I don't know any way that you can do the same with the mailbox. Our approach is that the ServiceDesk no longer use emails at all and all of our emails are either filtered out or logged as tickets using inbound rules so we have a zero-inbox for service desk. Thus, the first requirement covers it off because all valid emails get Requests raised and they must be attended to.

Hi @Gavin James - SDDC

In this simple workflow you can see that it is utilizing the response timer to only complete once the request has been assigned and prioritized.

image.png

With an SLA you can configure the Response Targets.  In you case you are looking for 15 minutes.  After that 15 minutes is up, you can start adding automated actions like sending an email, escalating to a manager or team lead, or add to a "Breach Board".

image.png

More information on Service Level Target can be found here.  Or let us know if you need more information on how this can be set up.