New unrecognised error

ilyaas

never come across the below error before

image.png.26bd74b53b8853d6c4a5338c81d4bb01.png

when going to the BPM to see where the error has occurred i see the below. the error is at a decision stage

image.png.1b1e9ac0e3646c3726641b765cdabb01.png

the expression closest to the error is relatively simple so cannot understand the reason for the error

image.png.b7889996007c1f4522cd041ff0f8bfd9.png

can someone advise what is wrong?

PS note process was working fine up until yesterday pm. i updated the bpm and it wouldnt save due to result references being less than 3 characters. i updated all relevant nodes with resultref minimum 3 characters but still looks like its an issue for some reason

Hi @ilyaas,

If it was a reference issue the TO Address check would fail first...so error seems to suggest that the CC Addresses just don't exist for the email you have fetched in the "Get Email Details" node....are you able to get the email from your system to check?

So if the enail has no CC addresses that property in the returned data won't exist and as such cannot perform check on it. You should change your condition to also test to see if "CC Addresses"  "Is Set"  so ...

TO Address contains OR (CC addresses Is Set AND CC Addresses contains .... )

Cheers,

Neil

hi, thanks @NeilWJ i still fail to understand the reason behind this unfortunately. the first check is to see if To address contains 'manual.payments@elfs.myservicedesk.com' or cc address contains the same. if not it should go through the no match phase to the next decision node etc until a result is found with the relevant email address as normal. The BPM has been in operation since 2019 with probably over 100,000 incidents going through it ok so i'm very unclear as to why this has just stopped working yesterday PM.

We have a similar bpm set up in the exact same way which works just fine so seem to be failing to understand the failure?

Hi  @ilyaas,

Before the condition you are "Getting An Email" and you are testing against a property from that email that has no value in it i.e. The email has no "CC Addresses" in it..... you cannot test something that does not exist.... that is what is causing the error. 

As i mentioned if you can find out which email it is actually getting (so you need to check whatever mailbox the email is in) and check that actual email to see if it has any CC Addresses.

1. if the actual email does have CC Address then something is wrong with the automation that gets the email and you should raise a support request.

2. if the email does not have CC Address then that is perfectly valid and you need to update your condition to handle that 

As a rule of thumb you should always test any property that you cannot guarantee will be populated to "see if it is set" before doing a test on it. Note above I did not say to test the TO Address for "is set" because an email will always have a TO Address but it won't always have a CC Address.

If you need it to be investigated further you will need to raise a support request so that someone here can access your instance to look at the data.

Cheers,

Neil