Built-in maths functions in BPM?

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

This has been brought up before 

However, has there been any thought on having a 'maths specific' option in the Utility section of the Hornbill Automation node in the BPM?

I'm thinking that having a simple 'add', 'subtract' 'multiply', 'division' option, with a couple of inputs might be handy? I don't use these things often, but I do know that there are a couple of our requests where a 'total' field in a task or email would be handy.

I know that the original post (above) asks about having these in the IC, but either (or both!) option would work for me (IC and/or BPM)

I do know that this can be achieved using JS coding, but it's not encouraged (as per the linked forum entry) and it can get complicated!! 

Any thoughts? 

• 7 months later...

Is there any new functionality that could allow me to perform some basic calculations in a BPM please?  I am wanting to migrate an Excel document into an IC and take the calculated 'priority rating' (not related to the Request priority) from the spreadsheet which is a series of approx 8 weighted values.  I can format the IC but I need the BPM to generate the Priority.  Thanks

15 hours ago, Sam P said:

Is there any new functionality that could allow me to perform some basic calculations in a BPM please?

No, the BPM is designed as a codeless environment, calculations are, I'm afraid, code.

With 8 values to choose from you should be able to achieve this with approximately 4 Decision nodes. (Don't forget to ensure there's a "No Match" branch on the last one to catch any inconsistencies.)