UI defect? Linked Assets do not dynamically update after Linking

Berto2002

I searched for an asset and pressed Link on a Request and the new asset did not appear in the Assets section. This is very confusing for people at ServiceDesk who think they link something but then it doesn't seem to work. I needed to refresh the page and there it was.

I think this is a defect or at the very least a missing piece of design. Why? There is analogous functionality for linking other Requests and when you use that, it does instantly/dynamically reflect the new Request in the Linked Requests section; so logically this should happen also for Requests.

Can I request this be placed as an enhancement if not in the design?

image.thumb.png.436c8dae1c28689dfd85f09c496c583d.png

The issue is also possibly in the browser, rather than Hornbill - just because Hornbill tells the browser it needs to refresh doesn't guarantee that it will, which is why manually forcing it to resolves the issue.
You'll note that a partial refresh has taken place, as indicated by the "2" in the Assets Panel header, although I don't know enough about the technicalities of the browser to be able to say if that indicates what side of the transaction is to blame (if either.)

Interesting observation Steve. I shall ask the service desk person who coordinates the asset updates of this kind to keep their eyes open for this issue over the coming weeks and if it persists then I may log it for further review