Email notification to Analysts when tickets get manually passed to them

Damien Lynn

Hi guys,

We have a couple of teams that don't get very many support tickets and they are looking to:

1. Get an email sent to the 4 team members if a ticket gets manually passed to their team queue OR
  2. Get an email sent to the individual analyst if a ticket gets manually passed into their personal workload queue. 

Are there settings that do this behaviour?

I have set up in BPM so that they get emails but that obviously only works when the ticket is just created and is a category that should route to that team, they are looking for the manually assigned tickets to also notify them if possible.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Damien 

Hi Steve,

We have the following set up at the moment which looks to me as though all analysts should get an email if a ticket gets assigned to them but that is not working.  

guest.app.requests.notification.allowUserDefinedNotificationType currently set to OFF
guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.assignment currently set to both
guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.assignmentTeam currently set to hornbill-only

I have also tried switching on guest.app.requests.notification.allowUserDefinedNotificationType and then updating my settings in my profile so that I get emails if my team gets a ticket assigned to our queue but that doesn't work either.  Am I missing something?

5 hours ago, Damien Lynn said:

Get an email sent to the 4 team members if a ticket gets manually passed to their team queue

This is governed by the guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.assignmentTeam currently set to hornbill-only, which will only send a Hornbill "Bell" notification as it stands - if you change that to email-only or both this should achieve point 1.

5 hours ago, Damien Lynn said:

Get an email sent to the individual analyst if a ticket gets manually passed into their personal workload queue

This is governed by guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.assignment currently set to both, so you should be seeing emails when a Request is assigned to a User.

I'd recommend leaving guest.app.requests.notification.allowUserDefinedNotificationType set to OFF especially while testing, as this prevents Users from turning a notification off then complaining it's not being sent.

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. 

For point 1, I only really wanted that specific team to get emails when tickets go into their team queue (as they are not frequently getting tickets passed to them) so I don't really want to switch the global setting guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.assignmentTeam to both, I think this would mean all teams would start getting emails every time a ticket goes in their queue unless I've misunderstood this function, and those teams are already monitoring their queue regularly anyway.  To achieve point 1 I think we may eventually need to enable  guest.app.requests.notification.allowUserDefinedNotificationType but I'm not sold on the idea of doing this to be honest as analysts might start switching all notifications off! I'll have a think about that one :D

For point 2, I think I'll need to log a support ticket for this, looks like something isn't right since no analysts are getting email when a ticket is assigned to them.

Thanks
Damien