Let customers retrospectively connect other customers in the portal

Adrian Simpkins

hi All,

I am not sure if this has been suggested previously, but I would like to suggest an enhancement to allow customers to connect other customers in the portal after a request has been raised. 

Currently we are offering a connection as part of the questions asked when a request is raised, but this allows just for the connection of one person. Would it be possible to allow customers to self-connect once a request has been raised, please?

The reasoning behind this is there are certain scenarios where teams may want to connect more than one person to a request, or the need to connect someone post raising arises. Rather than have a clunky loop in the IC questions around are you connection one or more people to this request etc it would just make sense to offer this feature to our customers to manage direct in the portal. So, we would offer one connection in the raised request questions, but then can advise our customers if they want to connect further people to do this direct in the Support Hub

Many thanks as always

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve

Rather than 'I am affected' by an issue, this is more just to allow customers to connect another user to allow the other person to view the request in the portal. Currently we are connecting one person in the IC / BPM flow, but I wanted to see if it would be possible for a customer to add another connection after the request has been raised. So as an example I raise a request that needs my manager comments but this is not identified until the request has been raised. I would then go into the portal and self connect another user to my request.

Hope that makes sense

Many thanks

Adrian

• Like 1

I think the Developers will need a much tighter scope on this if it's to be considered - for example, what's to stop the person who raised the Request adding everyone in the Company as a Contact?

That's not saying it can't or won't be possible, but there's a lot more going on with a request like this than the simple use case reveals.

Yes of course we would not want everyone added, but if it is just a name search field, and not the options we get like Team / Org etc then it should only ever be one person added at a time. I don't envisage everyone would make use of it, but it just seems like a good way to offer connections to customers that are self managed. I would envisage maybe someone going off, so connects a colleague, or manager wants to comment etc

Many thanks

• Like 1

+1 to Adrian's idea

@Steve Giller - not sure what @Adrian Simpkins would think of this (Adrian - please feel free to shout out if you completely disagree), but what about having it configured per service rather than globally?

This will allow us to select what Connection Types customers can add, and how many of that connection type can be added once a request has been raised?

In addition, provide the ability to allow the Customer to go in and make any amendments to existing connections if they so wish (which could also be configurable so it can be disabled so they must ask the analyst to change it).

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 I can see a use for this.

If HB were looking for a 'project' to connect this to, I think there is a whole case for customers to be able to do more on their own Requests as per my previous request for buttons that Customers can use themselves to Close, Escalate, Hold, Approve (and now Add Connections)

• Like 1