Questions behind email routing and auto update

JonathanMurphy

Hi team,

Have been reading around the wiki and various forum posts regarding auto update embedded into email routing rules, had recently setup a routing rule to move all tickets to a certain queue depending on the subject field.

I'm now working on updating requests if certain subject fields are visible - I know to perform actions based on a matching rule you'll need to include the regex syntax i.e [a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}

Just looking to get more clarity on including the call reference plus specific subject field i.e would REGEX_MATCH(subject LIKE '%Mimecast Request Form%','.*[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}.*') work or am I getting slightly confused?

The routing rule needs to process any message received containing %Mimecast Request Form%. The information in that email then needs to update the ticket based upon the ticket number that will also be present in the email subject.

Thank you in advance! 

Please let me know if there's anything I need to re-explain.

10 minutes ago, JonathanMurphy said:

REGEX_MATCH(subject LIKE '%Mimecast Request Form%','.*[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}.*')

No, that would not work, what you would need above is 

REGEX_MATCH(subject, '.*[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}.*') AND subject LIKE '%Mimecast Request Form%'

Here is an FAQ describing how routing rules and their expression work and common causes for when they do not:

Also, another useful resource might be the documentation for routing rules:

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Email_Routing_Rules

EDIT: For the REGEX_MATCH criterion above I would recommend this one:

REGEX_MATCH(subject, '.*\b[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}\b.*')

This is different in the way that it matches a Hornbill request reference as a distinct word in email subject (so it has a space before and after), rather than possibly be a part of another (larger) reference of some other sort

A noted on the wiki page:

For logOrUpdateIncident, logOrUpdateServiceRequest and updateRequest operations the Reference field is a mandatory parameter. You will need to specify the Regex Syntax that matches your call reference. E.g. for the standard out-of-the-box reference use: [a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}