Emails sent from one request have defaulted to public but our global setting is Customer

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

I have come across a request where we have sent multiple manual emails from the Email Action button in the request, and it appears that the visibility on these has set to Public, however our global setting below is set to Customer - just trying to understand why.

It appears that any emails sent to the customer the request is raised by have defaulted to Customer, but these emails sent to other customers have defaulted to public so just wanted to see if this is expected behaviour?

Many thanks

guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility.email

I have noticed this too - it threw me off as I had never seen that before.

I wonder if Public means that Connections can also see emails in the timeline on the Portals as well as the Customer and Manager?

• Like 1

Hi Sam - yes I also was thinking along the same lines, but had never seen Public appear in this field until now - it may well be that it was already in play and I have just not noticed it previously. Definitely be good to get a clarification around it so it is understood going forward. Hopefully someone can confirm as I could not see anything on the wiki around public as a view state.

Many thanks

Hi Sam,

My colleague Jake found this old post which confirms Question: What does Public actually mean? Visibility for both 'Team' and 'Customer'? Answer: yes. Anyone who has access to that request will see the timeline entry.

Unless this has changed of course, but I will presume this is still the case for Public on emails.

However, when we looked at the request that sparked this line of questioning all the emails that I saw showing as public now seem to have been set to Team? have you noticed this on your requests as well?

Many thanks

Original post link: