Change Request assignee is not able to complete his task

Nikolaj

Hello support,

I hope you can help me. We have a change withsome tasks and one of them is assigned to the change request assignee as you can see. But the assigned User of that change is not able to complete it? what i'm doing wrong in this case?

My question who is the change request assignee in this case?

image.png.ff07414f6283929aaa527072d4fb44b6.png

image.thumb.png.3315b263c16f178083813b70b327fbeb.png

Thanks and best regards

Nikolaj

Hi @Nikolaj

Thanks for your post. 

Within the workflow that creates and assigns this task, I'm going to assuming that you are assigning to either a role, group, or variable as Change Request Assignee does seem a likely name for an individual user.

image.png

If this is a group or role, then only members of the group or role would be able to interact with the task. If you let me know what type of assignment you are using (group or role), I should be able to test and confirm the behavior that you should expect.   

Hi @Nikolaj

You usually assign to a Human Task to a role when you want the task to be visible to a number of people, but those people must have the role assigned to them within their profile.

If you are wanting to assign the task to the person that is currently the owner of the request, then you can use a variable for the request owner when creating the task within the workflow.

In the example below, I am creating a Human Task where I'm assigning the task to the Owner of the request, but I'm also adding the owner's manager as the Owner of the Human Task.  This way the manager has visibility of the user's tasks, and it allow the manager to also complete the task if the task assignee is absent.  Let me know if this is what you are looking for and if you need any further information on setting this up.

image.png

• Like 1