Create a contact in Business Process

Chloe Carson

Hi, I am creating a contact within a business process but when setting their login credentials for the customer portal, I am getting the following error:

setPortalAccessCredentials - "EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[admin::contactSetAuthentication] The value in element <authCredential> did not meet the required input pattern constraints. at location '/methodCall/params/authCredential'"

I have done this both with password as normal text and with password BASE64 encoded.

If you navigate to Admin -> Platform Configuration -> Advanced System Settings and enter "passwordPolicy" in the filter box you will see the various constraint settings.

The obvious ones to look for are:

• security.guest.passwordPolicy.minimumLength
  • security.guest.passwordPolicy.mustContainLowerCase
  • security.guest.passwordPolicy.mustContainNumeric
  • security.guest.passwordPolicy.mustContainSpecial
  • security.guest.passwordPolicy.mustContainUpperCase

but there are a few more, and of course the user variants for Full/Basic users if required.

3 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

If you navigate to Admin -> Platform Configuration -> Advanced System Settings and enter "passwordPolicy" in the filter box you will see the various constraint settings.

The obvious ones to look for are:

• security.guest.passwordPolicy.minimumLength
  • security.guest.passwordPolicy.mustContainLowerCase
  • security.guest.passwordPolicy.mustContainNumeric
  • security.guest.passwordPolicy.mustContainSpecial
  • security.guest.passwordPolicy.mustContainUpperCase

but there are a few more, and of course the user variants for Full/Basic users if required.

Hi Steve

I checked these but the password doesnt seem to go against anything we have here. We haven't changed any of these from the generic and I'm using the password generator node with 12 characters and including numbers.

The same password works if done manually in guest accounts in platform configuration

@Chloe Carson the error you see there is because https://api.hornbill.com/admin/?op=contactSetAuthentication API fails to execute for the reason mentioned in the error, which is the value for <authCredential> param did not meet the required input pattern constraints. This is a "passwordType" param and it needs to comply with the patterns documented here: https://api.hornbill.com/_types/passwordType. Whatever value ends up in the <authCredential> param, it does not comply with this.