Creating new Priority

lee mcdermott

Hi,

Is there any way to create a new priority but for it to not show up for analysts or be available in the options when selecting a priority?

I want to create a "critical" priority and only use it in an Auto task.

Currently the Auto task is based on High priority, so if someone raises the priority of any call to high then the Auto task buttons become available which I don't want to happen.

thanks

lee

@lee mcdermott

At the moment Priorities are system wide and there is no linkage as such between them and the services the relate too. Not sure if this is part of the scope for the Service Catalog changes project @Gerryhas mentioned that Hornbill are working on.

From a Intelligent Capture point of view we use a custom form which only shows the Priorities applicable to the service and then use the BPM to actually set the Priority on the logged request, so as not to confuse the customer, but does not address the issue of have a list of all the priorities in the assessment/escalate option for the analysts.

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton

cheers martin. I thought it wasn't going to be possible.

We have a autotask that we trigger for major incidents which raises the priority to high. It just means for none Major incident calls that may get raised to high the follow up Major incident auto tasks become visible which aren't necessasry for those calls but means some staff will not realise and then trigger those auto tasks.

not to worry hopefully something in the future development may enable it as you say.

thanks

lee

• Like 1