Reports, double groupings

HHH

I'm trying in vain to create a report in service manager that groups the data by both team and service, is this a bug or by design.

If by design it seems like a strange design decision since the data is there.

Hi @HHH

Thanks for your post.

Are you referring to this Group By option?  Are you looking to be able to select two or more items from this list?

image.png

Only being able to select one Grouped By item is not a bug.  It is designed like this. 

I would be interested to understand exactly what output your are trying achieve would look like and how the report will be used.  I wasn't sure if you were looking for breaking the report into sub groups or if you are trying to specify two sets of criteria for a single group.  

14 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

I would be interested to understand exactly what output your are trying achieve would look like and how the report will be used.  I wasn't sure if you were looking for breaking the report into sub groups or if you are trying to specify two sets of criteria for a single group.  

Basically what I'm out for is "show the number of tickets reassigned between teams by team and by service"

@samwoo
Here is my workaround, adjust timestamps as needed.

SELECT left(h_assignment_timestamp,7) as 'Month',
h_previous_team_id as 'From Team',
h_team_id as 'To Team',
h_itsm_requests.h_fk_servicename as 'Service',
count(distinct h_request_id) as 'Requests'
FROM h_itsm_request_team_assignment JOIN h_itsm_requests ON h_itsm_request_team_assignment.h_request_id = h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference
WHERE h_previous_team_id <> h_team_id AND h_assignment_timestamp between '2022-01-01 00:00:00' AND '2022-10-31 23:59:59'
group by h_previous_team_id, h_team_id, h_fk_servicename, left(h_assignment_timestamp,7)
order by left(h_assignment_timestamp,7), h_team_id, h_previous_team_id

• Thanks 1