Progressive Captures- Pre populating labels/single line text fields

Salma Sarwar

Hi All,

Once the user has been selected in the dropdown list on the progressive capture, I would like to display more information about the user, e.g. manager, cost centre etc.   is there a way of getting more information about the user to be displayed on the form?   Once this information has been retrieved, I would also like to notify the person filling the form that the manager field is empty for example, is this possible?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Salma

I'm not sure what's being asked for here, are you talking about the right panel within Intelligent Capture?
image.png

If so, exactly what information are you hoping to see there?

It would not be possible to inform the person that there are missing elements in the Capture, however this should be possible from within the Business Process by using a Get Customer Details node, checking the elements you want to ensure are populated, and sending an email to the relevant User.

Hiya Steve,

Thanks for your reply. Ideally I would like a prompt/warning box to say that the customer does not have a manager set or if that is not possible could we have it displayed in the right hand pane (manager and cost centre information is what I am after).  The scenario is that if it is a SR that requires approval from a manager or budget holder if both are not populated there is little point in submitting the form. 

Kind Regards,

Salma

Hi @Salma Sarwar

Thanks for your post.

The Customer Search form that you are using within Intelligent Capture has a field that it titled Additional Display Fields.  When blank, a default set of information is displayed, which is what you are seeing.  By adding all the fields under the Additional Display Fields, that you would like to be displayed, should provide what you are looking for.  

image.png

I'm not sure if this will be enough for your requirement. There are no options for validating the manager and presenting a warning if it doesn't exist. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your suggestion I think I will give this a go...For the self service portal the customer would be the person who is logged on is there a way to bring up the information based on the user logged in instead of using the customer search.

Kind Regards,

Salma

Hi @Salma Sarwar,

This might give you some ideas on how this can be achieved.

I have a dedicated ICF/PCF form for users to check their details and request for any changes - it's simple, uses Session Variables and looks like this:
image.thumb.png.4ac2e7d04d204c52a239a6091eb503d0.png

On some existing ICF/PCF forms, I have added add a final node that Switches the capture to the above form, for example:
image.png.72a838b68193d7e2c4fb2757659171df.png

I plan on eventually having a simplified view of the logged in user details at the end of all forms advising them to log a ticket to the form related to the first image above (by including a link to it) if they see any of their details are incorrect.

So, you can use Session Variables to display logged in user information to customers and have them embedded into existing forms wherever they need to be or have a switch capture and the end that takes users to the same form, which will allow you to update once for the changes to be applied everywhere that uses it.

I don't think session variables are documented on the Wiki (I couldn't find a page), but they've been around for a while. These are the ones I know of, and there may be more.

{{user.userId}}
{{user.fName}}
{{user.lName}}
{{user.email}}
{{user.mobile}}
{{user.jobTitle}}
{{user.managerName}}
{{user.siteName}} 

Simply include this in field descriptions or labels. For example:
*'''Username:'''  {{user.userId}}
*'''First Name''' {{user.fName}}
*'''Last Name''' {{user.lName}}
*'''Email Address''' {{user.email}}
*'''Mobile Number''' {{user.mobile}}
*'''Job Title''' {{user.jobTitle}}
*'''Manager''' {{user.managerName}}
*'''Site''' {{user.siteName}} 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 18/07/2023 at 15:51, HGrigsby said:

@samwoo thank you, that was a great help to me too.   

I just need employeeId to be to be a session variable too.   (Please!)

Please can this be added it keeps being asked for for in various processes, 

31 minutes ago, HGrigsby said:

it keeps being asked for for in various processes,

Where are you trying to use this, and in what way?

Referring to "Processes" sounds like this is in a Workflow, where the employeeId is freely available from a Get User node.

@Steve Giller   I want to display the employee id in the intelligent capture either to display it in a label or text box on the form.  

It is for a request for a parking space, we found people putting in the wrong number so wanted it to be shown beside their name rather than them typing it in.

I have it it the workflow already from the get user node as you suggest.  

I was using "processes" to describe the whole thing or the CI if you like.

@HGrigsby This is a slightly different discussion, but the question here is:

If you have the Employee ID in the system already - why do you need the Customer to enter it?
All you need is their name and the system will get the Employee ID later.

@samwoo thanks for the session ID information. I have included it in our form for the profile updates also.

{{user.phone}} also works.

I found this list and all your suggestions are on it so I thought to try some others... / session / getSessionInfo (hornbill.com)

'''Your Cost Centre''' {{user.Attribute2}}
*'''Your Home Organisation''' {{user.homeOrganization}}

But they didn't work.

1 hour ago, Steve Giller said:

@HGrigsby This is a slightly different discussion, but the question here is:

If you have the Employee ID in the system already - why do you need the Customer to enter it?
All you need is their name and the system will get the Employee ID later.

@Steve Giller  I want to display the Staff Id rather than the user entering it.  It is only fairly recently that we started getting the staff Id in Hornbill.   Just want to show it on the form 

54 minutes ago, HGrigsby said:

I want to display the Staff Id rather than the user entering it.

Currently this is not possible, and I am not aware of any intention to make that a session variable.
However, in order to be able to use it in the subsequent Workflow not having is to display on the Capture Form has no effect.