Allow user to select more than one option in a dropdown

Salma Sarwar

Hi James,

We are looking to add in the progressive capture.  I am not sure whether you are still developing the feature but if you look at the example below we would like the user to ideally select multiple options but it says you can only select 1 item. (Ignore that this example is for customer)

image.png.f40784826cc8f07ded30bee3a154b54a.png

Kind regards,

Salma

Hi @Salma Sarwar

On 8/31/2022 at 1:11 AM, Salma Sarwar said:

I am not sure whether you are still developing the feature

We are always continuing development in this and many other areas.  At the moment, the Dynamic Drop down field types only allow for a single item to be selected.  As you mentioned in your original post, only the Check Box lists allow for this.

On 8/31/2022 at 1:11 AM, Salma Sarwar said:

(Ignore that this example is for customer)

What type of information are you looking to capture? In some cases there are alternative ways to approach something, so if there is something specific that you are trying to achieve, it can sometime help for us to understand what this is.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi James,

Apologies for the late reply.  It was more so for a user to create one single request who wanted order equipment such as Monitor, Keyboard, mouse , docking station, headset.  The list is big so wanted a way that they could select what they wanted from a dropdown and possibly the quantity could be different for each hardware too.

Kind Regards,

Salma

Hi @Salma Sarwar

Personally, I think that long drop downs, independent of whether you can select one or more items can be a challenge for some users.  I would always try to limit a drop down to no more than 10 selections.  Have you considered splitting this out into groups of related assets on different Intelligent Capture forms?  Groups such as Computer Peripherals, Print Devices, Network Devices, etc?  It may depend on the types of assets and how many you have to make if this is feasible.  You could then use Override Flags to determine if a particular group needs to be shown to the user, based on a previous selections.