Enhancement Suggestion - Bulletins

QEHNick

One thing which would be excellent would be to show a summary of any active bulletins on the login screen.

Customers could be informed of service affecting events without the need to login to discover them, saving them a moment or two.

It sounds insignificant, but when you're in an environment such as ours, every second that can be saved benefits our customers and patients.

@QEHNick

Unfortunately, the login page is not built with that in mind, the system is designed with quite a high degree of security applied to data, this is controlled primarily through the users session, in essence, when there  is no session, there is very limited access to data on the instance.  That aside, the login page is generic and is shared between a number of the UI's not all of which would this suggestion be relevant, you can think of the login page as a component of the authentication service, not of the product its self.  What you are asking for is akin to asking that the login page presented by ADFS should display a list of public Office 365 calendar entries, before you log in, because the ADFS and the Office365 calendar are in essence two completely different systems, and on Hornbill you its pretty much the same, so its very unlikely we would make such a change.   I hope this makes sense. 

I would re-interpret your request as "can we extend the login page to be a configurable intranet-style landing page where we can configure to display some non-login related public information", and would further extend this requirement to say, "can we add a feature to Service Manager to allow bulletins to be marked as 'public' and accessible to anyone who does not have a login to the instance", and after that, "can we have a widget option on the login page that can display the publicly accessible bulletins from Service Manager".

Thats the breakdown of what you are asking for in terms of how the product is built today.  We will make a note of the ask, but I cannot see this is something many people have asked for (you might be the first one actually). 

As an alternative, if your environment would benefit from having access to these bulletins without being logged into the employee portal, what about sending your users to an intranet page first, where you can display any information you want, including information from the Hornbill instance with some basic integration, then, if they need to log into Hornbill for further action a link can take them to the login page. 

Gerry

Thank you @Gerry , a very succinct denudation of my "moon on a stick" request. You quickly supplanted it with a "gold plated moon on a stick" response :P.

The alternative sounds equally good. The level of integration you're talking about; is there any published guidance on this or do I need a one-to-one with someone?

@QEHNick

Lol great response.  Yeah the API's are "documented" but I would not say its the easiest thing to figure out, basically there will be an application-published API relating to bulletins and you will use an API key generated against a specific user account to get the information, you will only see what that user has access to see, so the various rights will need to be set up accordingly. Once you have the data, you can then present that in whichever front end you would like.  Thats a lot easier said than done, but I am sure one of the support team can point you in the right direction.  I don't have the specifics to hand but here might be a good starting point. 

https://api.hornbill.com/apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/ServiceBulletin?op=selfServiceGetServiceBulletin

Gerry