How to use Human task outcome to make decision on next stage?

lee mcdermott

Hi,

is it possible to use the outcomes from a Human task to make a decision on the next stage of a Business Process?

So following the red arrow for No Fix or workaround - when the call progresses to the final STAGE "Problem Resolution", I need 2 paths one for when this option was selected and one for the other 2 that could have been selected.

So i thought I would need to create a decision again similar to below but just want to use the results of the fix or workaround available activity from the previous stage. But I am not sure how to call or get that information to make the decision again?

Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.53db3cb3ac78ce7c5e7091969c08f51c.png

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @lee mcdermott

I think you'd need to update a custom field with the outcome of the human task, and then you can use that custom field to dictate any decisions on any following stages? 

45 minutes ago, lee mcdermott said:

is it possible to use the outcomes from a Human task to make a decision on the next stage of a Business Process?

Not by using the task itself... As @Paul Alexander suggested you would need to store this value on the request (directly or indirectly) to have the human task value available in another stage.

Guest Paul Alexander

image.thumb.png.bde97239b76c8d55b361921872da5263.png

The 'outcome' info is found in the details of the Human Task, and then in the 'settings' of each option:

image.thumb.png.9fab6108f19aec4ed9b0ceed400835c8.png

I@m not sure I've described that particularly well - but hopefully it'll point you in the right direction!!