Capture API response not just status

+1 been wishing this was possible recently as I know it currently isn't. I suspect there would need to be somewhere to define the schema (as JSON possibly) so the information would be accessible in the BPM.

Passing on advice from Hornbill, if you tag your post as "Enhancement" then the developers will be able to pick up the ticket and discuss.

In the HTTP Request - Basic auth node there is a field for Content Type which should cover the schema (application/json or application/vnd.api+json for example). Shame it isn't possible. I just need to rip the response and dump it in a custom field to regex some details from it. I even have the regex sorted. :( 

It is a shame because I need to get info from another system which is going to be changed to something else in 6/12 months so was hoping this would be a quick fix.

Also I tried marking my posts 'Enhancement' for a while and either I just come up with rubbish suggestions or I am doing something wrong because nothing I suggest seems to get any traction :D 

9 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

I just come up with rubbish suggestions or I am doing something wrong

Neither of those, however there are many criteria for accepting a suggestion and even more for prioritising it, and it's likely that only if/when one makes it into active development a response will appear on the Forums.

• Thanks 1

@Victor,

That is one of the best tools in Hornbill's Arsenal and has been doing wonders, for example I use it to add a user as a "Shared" user to an Asset, since that functionality doesn't currently exist in the BPM.

It's all driven by Human Tasks selections and input etc. Works great!

The only downside is it not being able to capture full responses.

1 hour ago, samwoo said:

for example I use it to add a user as a "Shared" user to an Asset, since that functionality doesn't currently exist in the BPM

It can be built if requested... :)

1 hour ago, samwoo said:

The only downside is it not being able to capture full responses.

Sure... but there are other downsides or one more downside... in my view, the most important one that this functionality can simply disappear one day... not saying it will, no plans to do this as we speak as far as I am aware of, but the possibility is always there... so, my advice, once again, do not use this in a production capacity. Yes, I do understand it fills a gap in functionality... but the troubles of "fixing" workflows in case of this being removed might outweigh the benefits it provides now...