Date/Time Issue on new Service Request

Osman

Good Morning,

It has been brought to my attention that when submitting a service request that has a Progressive Capture containing a Form Field Type of Date & Time control, the resultant Date/Time is an hour wrong, see below:

image.png.691daed8b03d5d829648b1adf98e04b1.png

I suspect that this is something as simple as the ..Z date above is UTC and we are currently in British Summer Time in the UK? Please could you help with how we would remedy this?

Thanks

Osman

Hi Steve,

From what I can see it isn't being mapped to any Custom Field, the screenshot above is being held in the Details of a Service Request item. So it is a blob of text being added to the Details from Progress Capture form responses.

Thanks

Osman

In that case the display is correct.

All date/times are created and stored in UTC and if the date is stored in a Date/Time field the UI will (in most places) format this to the User's time zone as set in their preferences.

In the above scenario you could use the Request Details Form Designer to add a Custom Field (one of the Date/Time fields) to the Details, and use the Field Mapping to store the Capture Answer in this field.

• 10 months later...

Morning,

I have only now had the opportunity to circle back to this and try the suggestion of mapping a Custom Field to a Pro Cap answer. I have done exactly as suggested and have mapped a Date/Time picker form field to Custom 21 and tested. The result is the same, the time is still an hour out, but it seems to be in a different part of the form:

Hornbill-MR.thumb.png.5ba4d617247932737a373b13a330a025.png

To be clear, the correct time is the one in the Questions section.

Thanks

Osman

All times are stored in the database as UTC - as you can see from the trailing "Z" in the "Date and Time" field this is correct, but formatted in UTC not local time, so it appears that the Summary was also populated without formatting for local time.

Just by way of an update, I have kind of figured out how to fix this, it seems if I place square brackets around the value, it works. The only negative side effect seems to be that the UTC value shows up in the summary with square brackets around it in search results. But I think we can live with that for now.