Enable visibility of Email Templates based on Request Type

samwoo

Good afternoon,

I have created a blank(ish) template under the Service Manager -> ChangeRequests category, but I cannot select that template when emailing from within a Change Request.

Here is the template under the ChangeRequest category

image.thumb.png.85fc68e55023843b9287ba625c2256ee.png

In the Change Request -> Request Email:
image.thumb.png.e293685792ee762da2c4a231a0d69324.png

Please can I request an enhancement to be made, so that depending on the type of request, any templates in the related category to be displayed in the template list. Could the same be applied across to all other places across Hornbill where email templates may be used.

I envisage having the template list looking something like this (thank gosh for F12 developer tools allowing me to mock something using real code):

image.png.d0acf555cc22064417c18fa70f151a85.png

Thanks,

Samuel

• samwoo changed the title to Enable visibility of Email Templates based on Request Type
23 minutes ago, samwoo said:

I have created a blank(ish) template under the Service Manager -> ChangeRequests category

@samwoo templates that you would need to access on requests (regardless of request type) have to be created for "Requests".

25 minutes ago, samwoo said:

I cannot select that template when emailing from within a Change Request

Yes, as per above, they won't work, they will not be visible/accessible if they have not been created for "Requests".

Thanks @Victor - It made sense with the current configuration that everything request related would have to be under Requests...

Pretty please could my enhancement request be discussed/considered internally as being able to group Email Templates would improve how we manage our templates... 
pwetty.png

@samwoo I might have not been entirely correct (which I will never admit) but you actually do need to have a template created under specific request type (e.g. Change Request) if you want that template to use variables that are specific to that request type (e.g. Change Request). This template can then be used by workflow automations but cannot be used when emailing from a request, that part of advice is valid.

Hi @Victor,

That is precisely why I am making my request to enable these Email Templates to be accessible in the Request Email template list based on request type because of the extra bit of info :lol:

To the developers:

See the source image

• 3 weeks later...