Asset ID displayed in the request list

Smurfy

Hi

I have had a few requests to show the asset id in the request list (in a dedicated column) I can see that linking multiple assets may make this messy but in the main we only link one.

Is it possible to look at having either a column dedicated to the asset id result/s or being able to pull the results from the asset form in the PCF into a custom field.
I don't want to use a custom form in the PCF as I want users to be able to link it and for it to still show in the asset section on the ticket.

On 7/26/2022 at 11:04 AM, Smurfy said:

Is it possible to look at having either a column dedicated to the asset id

Unfortunately this is not possible. There could be any number of assets linked to a Request, so it is not practical to have this as a column.

Additionally, only columns from the Request table are available in the Request List View, and relationships between Requests and Assets are stored in a separate table.

Currently the only way that I'm aware of to achieve this would be to manually populate a Custom Field with the Asset ID and have that column in a Custom View.

Thanks Steve. I thought that would be the answer but i needed to ask officially. I will feedback to the team.

• Victor locked this topic