Can we output the date in custom fields 21 to 25 without the time stamp?

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

We have a daily report we output to a 3rd party processing company for changes to staff contracts and wages.

Originally we set this up to use one of the custom data fields 21 to 25. However the date output from this field always included a time stamp which was causing processing issues. So to circumvent this we changed the custom field to just be a plain variable so that we could display the date in the report without a time stamp.

However, this does of course mean we are now unable to change the way the date is displayed in an email out to the customer who raised the request, so although the report out to the 3rd party has the date in the correct format DD-MM-YYYY the date in the email shows as YYYY-MM-DD

Is there a way to exclude the time stamp from the data captured in custom fields 21 to 25 that I have missed at all please? When we capture the date in the IC we literally just get the date, but a time stamp appears in the data in the back end which then caused us to try a non date custom field in this data field. There are 2 date options in the IC - date with time stamp / date with no time stamp and we used the date with no time stamp option.

Many thanks as always

23 minutes ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

Is there a way to exclude the time stamp from the data captured in custom fields 21 to 25

Yes but actually no. No because that field is a date/time type of field, it will always store the time and the report will output the content of the field with no formatting. And Yes because you can theoretically use another set of fields, for reporting purposes only, where you only store the date part of the value.

• Like 1

Thanks Victor - you mention using another set of fields for reporting the date without the time stamp - I presume this would be something to process in the BPM where i could extract the date / time value from custom field 21 to 25 and write this to another field to output in the report?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

I presume this would be something to process in the BPM where i could extract the date / time value from custom field 21 to 25 and write this to another field to output in the report?

Yes.

image.png

• Like 1

Hi Victor

I have one further clarification around this scenario - this has highlighted an oversight in our LDAP imports where we are not specifying the date / time format of our basic users so I presume it just defaults to the US date format out of the box. We want to update this to a UK format for all our users, so I just wanted to check that this would have no impact down stream on existing requests, reports etc. I am quietly confident it would not, but wanted to just seek some assurance before we look to make this change to our AD imports

Many thanks as always

image.thumb.png.1009ecdbaf38e8eacc7f766fb0d559cf.png

46 minutes ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

I am quietly confident it would not

@Adrian Simpkins quietly confident it's fine but quite confident...well... :P

The formats there are just for displaying date/time values in UI. Does not actually affect the underlying data. Thus won't affect the reports as they don't depend on user profile or UI...

48 minutes ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

I presume it just defaults to the US date format out of the box

Afaik, it should default to the database value, which is UTC (that might look like US but it isn't actually US)

• Like 1