Unable to get the Log New Change node working; error: "Cannot read property 'h_requesttype'"

Berto2002

I want to use workflow to log a new change. I am using the service manager > Entity > requests> log request> log new change option in an autotask.

A new change appears to have been created with a reference number and a service and catalog item applied but the BPM workflow is applied and the autotask workflow does not move to the next node so it implies this 'create' node goes into error just before it finishes with the following error showing in the autotask pop-up:

Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node 's1/flowcode-a65eff70': 0200 apps updateReqTimeline FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/updateReqTimeline): nodeName: Customer Notification; nodeId: fac30e82-d816-4a59-af5b-1824229c13c3; At 228/1: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'h_requesttype' of undefined" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_fac30e82_d816_4a59_af5b_1824229c13c3

The rest of the configurations on the node is as follows:

image.thumb.png.fd13f40638c4ba60a2eb748e056a6984.png

My suspicion is that the "log new change" operation is not successfully setting the request type to change in the background. That is not one of the configurable items in the options menu.

Is anyone else either seen that error or know way to avoid it or workaround please?

1 hour ago, Berto2002 said:

updateReqTimeline FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/updateReqTimeline): nodeName: Customer Notification

What is this node configured to do? Is it what the name implies, updating the request timeline? Or some other operation that will (also) update the timeline?

The idea of this workflow is to initiate a Change Request off the back of a Service Request or Incident to save my Agents needing to do this manually. It's in the early stages of development as an idea at the moment but this error is a blocker.

I do not know where that nodeName of "Customer Notification" comes from. These are the names of the Nodes I have in the AutoTask and none have that name. The one that appears to not complete is highlighted (the one I showed the details for in the above posts)

image.png.22ea628cd02d7f92cbaf95b2ae7bfce3.png

There is a typo in my first post. I said "but the BPM workflow is applied" but I should have said "but the BPM workflow is NOT applied". In other words, the ticket does not get a workflow; it's not getting that far. I do not have a node with that name in the workflow to the best of my knowledge because it's a Change flow I don't have a Customer Notification as it's all our internal ICT agents. Weird one that message