How can I find out if someone is a Line Manager of others?

Berto2002

We recently found a gap in our data: the line manager is missing from some of our users. We have traced that to various line managers leaving the organisation and having their accounts suspended and archived and then leaving their direct reports without a line manager nominated.

Yes, we can ask the person raising our leavers ticket whether that person is a line manager or not, but ideally I would like to find this out through the BPM. There is a well-established facility for identifying and using the line manager of a given customer. But what I'm after is the reverse; to find who that person is the manager for. This might yield a list of user IDs and my intention would be to then process those (in a manner yet to be decided, but it could be to email them all or update their line manager with an interim or to populate their new manager field for them).

So what is the workflow I need to configure to find out if somebody is someone else's line manager and to list out all those direct reports?

3 minutes ago, Berto2002 said:

So what is the workflow I need to configure to find out if somebody is someone else's line manager and to list out all those direct reports?

@Berto2002 I would think you would need a workflow with a node that does "Get Users for This Manager". Setting this aside and also the fact there is no such node in Hornbill, I am not entirely sure workflows would be the best approach for what you are trying to achieve. It's not very different than having the user import run through a workflow. Neither should be allowed in the proximity of each other :) Apart from all this I am thinking ITOM might be a solution for what you are trying to resolve... thinking running runbooks that check users, set managers if needed and things like that. But just a thought, might or might not be working...