"Last Email Sent" - Field

Malcolm

For the purpose of reporting we're trying to pull information on the last date/time an owner updated a request by way of email.

We've found this field "request_lastemailsent" . The name implies it will have the data we are looking for, but it appears to contain data on the first time an email is sent and not the last time.

Hope I've explained that clearly, can anyone assist?

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

For the purpose of reporting we're trying to pull information on the last date/time an owner updated a request by way of email.

I'm not sure what you are reporting on here.
Is this an email sent from the request to a Customer, an Owner applying a Customer's email to the Request, or something else?
I don't recognise the request_lastemailsent field (there are a lot of tables in Hornbill!) can you clarify where you've found this?

I think the short version is going to be that this is something that's not really practical to report on, but if we know what you're trying to achieve and how this may spark some ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Malcolm

thanks for your post. I believe you'll be referring to the column in the table h_itsm_requests called h_email_datelastsent. 

Using the Entity Viewer I've checked the description of that column and it should be storing "the last date of when an email has been sent from the request". So we should be able to use this in a report to understand when the last email was sent from a request.

image.png

Obviously, it won't tell us who sent the email (but one would assume that this would usually be the owner of the request doing the sending), or to whom it was sent. To be honest, I would think that the who doesn't matter so much as you're probably most interested in confirming that some outbound correspondence has actually taken place within the last x days.

From my checks, I can't see this actually updating when I send an email from a request so I'll have to defer to development to see what's going on.

Dan

On 6/27/2022 at 11:37 AM, DanielRi said:

Hi @Malcolm

thanks for your post. I believe you'll be referring to the column in the table h_itsm_requests called h_email_datelastsent. 

Using the Entity Viewer I've checked the description of that column and it should be storing "the last date of when an email has been sent from the request". So we should be able to use this in a report to understand when the last email was sent from a request.

image.png

Obviously, it won't tell us who sent the email (but one would assume that this would usually be the owner of the request doing the sending), or to whom it was sent. To be honest, I would think that the who doesn't matter so much as you're probably most interested in confirming that some outbound correspondence has actually taken place within the last x days.

From my checks, I can't see this actually updating when I send an email from a request so I'll have to defer to development to see what's going on.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Yup thats the column we've got. And yes its not updating, so the value it returns is actually the date and time of the first email sent from a request as opposed to the last. So something is broken somewhere.

@Malcolm

it appears we were both led down the garden path thanks to that description in the entity viewer. As Steve has indicated, apparently that column (h_email_datelastsent) is only populated under a particular circumstance, namely when you have a business process running against the request which contains a "suspend wait for email to be sent" node. 

Personally, if the column is there one would think its sensible to populate it at all times when an email is sent from a request, surely the suspend node could then still reference it in some way? Anyway, I'm sure there were reasons for the design, even though I can't fathom them!

Sorry I can't be of further assistance on this one.

Dan