Raise Request for Archived User

will.good

@will.good cannot help but wonder... why? I mean an archived user is... well.. archived. This user should have no activity in Hornbill... there might be a valid use case and it could be that it needs to be approached differently (not saying it is but is a possibility)

@Victorwhen people are terminated from our main HR system, they are then subsequentially archived in Hornbill. Sometimes we get contacts from them after they have left (emails/phone calls), and need a way to be able to log these on Hornbill ideally (currently we have to set them up as an external contact which seems unnecessary as they still exist in HB)

@will.good umm... I am not sure having them as "users" is correct then.. I mean users that can have request raised... having them as contacts seems to be the right way to approach this even if they are archived users (if they are gone then they are actually contacts at this point)... you can perhaps automate the contact creation as part of the leaver process.

• Thanks 1

@will.good

You could consider having your process allow for a period of time where the user is initially suspended, and then after x amount of time, the user is archived.  This would allow for communications with this person to continue for this time frame.

There is also a setting that allows request to be raised by email for "unknown" users.  This would allow a ticket to be raised without the need for either a contact or user record. 

image.png

Assigning a customer to a ticket is also optional.  You may find that you could simply record some of the persons information in the details of the ticket in order manage communications.