Setting the team from a task

yelyah.nodrog

I have a task that, depending on what option you select should do one of 3 things. 

One of the options is to reassign the ticket to another team. I am doing this by presenting the following option when selecting the button
image.png.8af4ef667f55d9a74ffa30c4ffbe23f2.png

image.png.0f5e67d38aeb205cd91642686a07ace3.png

Then passing the answer from this field into the Assign to team node using the variable from the task

image.png.d502a2f8637ca12a2d6f0f45e74aee35.png

image.png.9f9a7be4d4f5bb0bef82f1179f010f4e.png

However it doesn't appear to work I have used both the team option and the team (from variable option)

Can I not use the outcomes of these fields to do this? in which case what is the alternative?

H

image.png.6afd7b1e0c0bc29ee9d0e8806ecf81bc.png

image.png

I suspect that this is outputting the name of the Group rather than the ID, which is required by the assignment parameter.
I haven't had the opportunity to test this yet, but outputting the variable to the timeline would be the quickest way to see what the variable contains.

Hi @yelyah.nodrog,

I can confirm that @Steve Giller's guess is correct: Only the Team (Display) Name is available as the answer; not the Team ID required for the assignment.

The next best you can do is create a static/"dynamic simple list" of Teams with the ID in the value and appropriate display name.

I'll raise it with the devs - it might be considered a defect.

Morning @SamS

Just tried to give this a whirl this morning and unfortunately the Node for Log Request does not give you the option to inject the Raw value (to pick up the Team ID) So it doesn't reassign if I select another team from the simple list unfortunately.

image.png.8855c32fde163ec38539981536afc8d4.png

Same with the team reassignment node so i cant do this first, to then copy the team from the original ticket either.

H

On 6/14/2022 at 1:59 PM, SamS said:

Hi @yelyah.nodrog,

Placing the Team ID in the VALUE end, would be the way to go. You can then use the Value (Raw) for the assignment.

Please can I wade in on this...I have a node that tries to assign to a team based on a simple list however this does not work.

I have tried the Organisation ID but this does not work, how do you get the ID of the team to allow this type of assignment?

Hi @Jeremy

More information on how you have this configured would be needed to understand what is happening.  I have just worked through the option of creating a Simple List based on the teams and having it assign the request to that team.

image.png

where the value is the ID of the team, and the Default Display is what bill be displayed to the user in the picklist. 

This could be used within Intelligent Capture

image.png

Or a Capture Task Field on an activity

image.png

Then in the BPM using the Assignment Automation and the variable provided by the task answers

image.png

This variable is taking the value (team ID) rather than the display name.

To test this, I also added the same variable into a custom field where I confirmed that the ID was being used, and not the display name.

image.png