Auto-Task for creating a new Activity against incident?

Ben Maddams

Hello all,

I'm trying to address and issue regarding our ticket escalations, I'd like to create a button linked to an auto-task which will add an activity to the incident confirming checks
against commonly missed information (user asset information, troubleshooting attempted, etc) have been covered, but can't see a way of doing this? I don't want to write
this into our incident process by default as it wouldn't be necessary in every case, and would slow down our work rate. Lots of the FAQ information refers to the human task
option under the auto-task designer, but it isn't present when I check?

Anyone else run into a similar issue, and have any suggestions?

Cheers,

-B

32 minutes ago, Ben Maddams said:

Lots of the FAQ information refers to the human task option under the auto-task designer

@Ben Maddams where? it shouldn't... you cannot use/have human tasks in auto tasks... if there is documentation that says human tasks can be used in auto-tasks then that's wrong and it needs to be corrected.

Hi Victor,

Just double-checked, I think I found some ancient comments from previous users and was working from that, sorry!

In reference to my original plan though, is it possible to trigger a set of capture forms on a ticket from an embedded button/auto-task, or do I have to look into another method?

Many thanks,

-B