Enforce login option for users

John C

@Martyn Houghton morning, perhaps can you help me?

I am looking for the option to "enforce" users to use Hornbill direct login as oppose so SSO, I enabled the option below but the users are still given the option to sign on via SSO too.

Can you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.d6baa8ed917cb374edf8f32073285cb8.png

image.png.ebfd396d02b75a4c61cc8e7b92fe2a5c.png

@Martyn Houghton your right, that does work, I disabled it for 10 seconds and it prompts for direct login only.

However nobody's password seems to work which is strange!? Any idea why passwords are not working @Victor

I thought the password would be the users network login as it has been replicating with Azure all along (with SS0 enabled)

Thanks

@Victor We currently are using SSO, but we will need to move to direct login shortly as their AD accounts will be disabled so they won't be able to access via SSO

When I and three others attempt to login via direct, we get the below message, meaning our password is incorrect? I would of thought the password would be the same as their network logon with the LDAP sync etc? I hope I am making sense.

I don't want to have to go into 800+ users accounts in Hornbill to reset their password individually....

Thanks

image.png.192c454fe9883bf8aff30a8c4eb361b3.png

7 minutes ago, John C said:

I would of thought the password would be the same as their network logon with the LDAP sync etc?

@John C we don't have any functionality to "sync" passwords... a user password in Hornbill is either set manually (by a user) or can be set during user import, when using the Hornbill User Import tool(s). When you say "LDAP sync" I presume you are referring to the SSO profile update (for example when the certificate is updated on a SSO profile in Hornbill). This "sync" does not affect users it only updates the profile configuration.

@Victor OK...so is there a default password for each account or how can I find out what my own password is for example?

Like I mentioned, surely I do not have to manually set each password going forward in order to use direct login?

@John C there are no default passwords and passwords are encrypted in the database, they cannot be made visible. If you are to use direct login the a password needs to be set for each users that need access. This can be done by an admin or each user can do this themselves using the "Forgot Password" option on the login screen. However, if SSO is used, the Hornbill user passwords are not necessary, they have no play in SSO authentication.

@John C the passwords can only be set in bulk when using a user import tool, for example: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Azure_User_Import. Can be done via a CSV, but requires a bit more work beforehand and you would use the https://github.com/hornbill/goDb2HUserImport where the source DB can be a CSV file. There is also the option to request expert services to look into a bulk update.