User created roles for authorisation

Alisha

The Get Authorisers By Role includes the the weighting options using the Authorisation Type.  However, I am experiencing some issues with this option as it doesn't seem to be displaying the options for Individual, Majority, and Unanimous fpr me (I'll investigate).

image.png

Individual:  All authorisers will get 100% weight
Majority: The weight level will be divided up so that more than half of the authorisers must approve
Unanimous:  All authorisers must approve. 

The Get Authorisers by Role and by Group must be followed by the Auto Assign Authorisation node.

• Like 1

Hi @James Ainsworth, @Steve Giller

It seems like we can't have multiple roles for authorisation using the Auto Assign Authorisation node?

What we need is:

• One person from each team to be able to authorise (so let's say 20% weighting per team).
  • One manager to override the team authorisation (so this would have a 100% weighting). There are a few managers who need this ability so we thought of setting up a role for them so that any one manager can complete the authorisation task.

How can we achieve this please?

Many thanks,
Alisha

5 hours ago, Alisha said:

It seems like we can't have multiple roles for authorisation using the Auto Assign Authorisation node?

That's correct.  Even if it could allow for multiple roles, the differences between weighting levels that you are looking to use wouldn't work with the Auto Assign Authorisation node as it only allows the three mentioned options for the Authorisation Type.

5 hours ago, Alisha said:

One person from each team to be able to authorise (so let's say 20% weighting per team).

The current weighting levels are only on individuals.  There is no feature that allows weighting levels by team.

If there is a solution, I think it needs to be done using just the standard authorisation node and variables for the assignees, but I'm not sure how you would get the appropriate users via these variables.  Or you could use the Suspend and Wait for Authorisers to manually enter these people.

Im not clear what you mean here.

It's my understanding that if you assign an Authorisation to a role, then anyone with that Role can authorise it. but "configure a custom role so that a user can complete the authorisation on behalf of someone else" doesn't make sense to me - you just assign the Authorisation to a group of people and any of them can Authorise if there's not a specific person with that responsibility.

@Steve Giller Thanks for your reply. We are now thinking about using individual authorisers where we can apply the different weightings more easily. However, we would like to set up a substitute for each authoriser, without giving everyone the Admin role. Just wondering what part of the Admin role allows the user to complete tasks even though it's not assigned to them please?

I'm not sure you can even do that, I certainly wouldn't recommend it, as you'd be given all of those "substitutes" the ability to complete any Authorisation on the system, regardless of who it was for, and the rights required to complete someone else's Authorisation might well give them additional access that would be even less desireable.