Have a 'latest updated or created' option in the Catalog Item config drop downs

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Would it be possible to have a 'latest updated or created' option for sorting the Intelligent Captures and BPM Workflows when adding a new Catalog Item please?

It's currently set to be alphabetical, but 9 times out of 10, any new CI that I'm creating will use the latest updated IC and BPM..

image.png.ace1755529659005b811443cbcf9fb8e.png

Hi @Paul Alexander

There are some plans in place to change how Intelligent Captures and BPM Workflows are presented on a Service.  As it is now, for a Service Owner it would be a challenge to know which captures and workflows can be used for this service, and which captures and BPMs work together.  

The structure of the Services will be looked at through this year.  It will be a significant bit of work, so nothing in the short term, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait as there will be a number of improvements in this area.

• Like 1

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth

I think I understand what you're saying - although I'm not sure if we use the functions as you're describing them? We only have 3 people in our organisations who can create IC's and BPM's, and they're admins so we haven't ever come across having to ensure that they're available to specific services (or is this going to be part of the improvements being worked on by Hornbill?)

I still believe that an option of sorting the list of IC and BPM's by date rather than alphabetical might be useful though (certainly for us!) 
But it's not overly important....

thanks

2 hours ago, Paul Alexander said:

I still believe that an option of sorting the list of IC and BPM's by date rather than alphabetical might be useful though (certainly for us!)

In the UI for viewing/editing this can be done (as I'm sure you know) but I don't think I've ever come across a dropdown list with a sort option.