Enhancement Request: please allow ChangeRequest-specific fields to be updated in workflow (BP) as well as IC

Berto2002

I want to be able to update a number of the Change-specific fields from within workflow. Examples:

h_implementation_plan

h_proposed_start_time

h_security_implication

h_disruption_level

However, there are no nodes that allow this so if they are not populated in the intelligent capture, these fields cannot be used, which is a shame. Service Manager > Entity > Requests > Update Request > Custom Fields does not include them and Service Manager > ChangeRequests > Update Request does not have a suitable option either.

I request an Enhancement for Service Manager > ChangeRequests > Update Request to have a Request Details option in which these Change-Specific fields can be selected for update/mapping (as these fields appear there for a Get Information parameter)

I have a workaround at the moment that I have to use the numbered custom fields instead but this is now causing me a problem because I've used up all my custom fields so I want to revert to storing this data in those fields above designed for that purpose and free-up 4 other custom fields again.

• Berto2002 changed the title to Enhancement Request: please allow ChangeRequest-specific fields to be updated in workflow (BP) as well as IC
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@samwoo, @Adrian Simpkins is this something that would be useful for you? Not got a lot of traction on it! The use case is that we build our changes through BPM not IC forms so populating these when logging the CR is impossible; but then we cannot use these fields later on.

Also includes:

h_communication_plan

h_backout_plan

Hi @Berto2002,

That would be useful - we will be looking to revamp our change process at some point this year. We still currently use forms alongside raising a ticket.

Initially my thoughts on our new process (before anyone has come to me about it) is that all Change fields will be updateable whilst the ticket is being logged but are non-mandatory to allow users to raise tickets if they still don't have enough information on-hand or want to get something in place in a "Saved" state as it were.

When the ticket is raised, a Human Task appears with the buttons to "Cancel" or "Submit" the Change. This gives them time to populate everything before it goes to the Change Board.

Once the Change has been "submitted", throughout the process will be Human Tasks, where there may be a step to "Update Change" which could include non-mandatory fields for updating the h_proposed_start_time or other fields if changes are required. This is particularly useful if the Change Board disagrees with the proposed date but agrees on a new one for example in the same meeting.

So yes, I think this would be useful for when we start to review our processes, but for all Change related fields.

+1

Thanks,

Samuel

We use the IC form to capture the change very early, when not much detail is known. We do that so we can Teams/email the listed stakeholders and ask them to get involved in the early planning. We then use a sequence of Human Tasks to prompt the Requester to 'build' the CR bit by bit; which could take them 15 mins or 15 days, depending on the complexity. Each of those outputs is then stored in a custom field and displayed on the Details form (we allow edits of the Details up to the submission to the Change Manager for review or if review requires more information). We need the feature to put that data into the Change Request fields named for that data type

image.thumb.png.27d148c31c21265a039537a8bd2a24e3.png

• Available under Service Manager->Entity->ChangeRequests->Update Request-> Details
    • h_implementation_plan
    • h_security_implication
    • h_disruption_level
  • Available under Service Manager->Entity->ChangeRequests->Update Request-> Add To Change Calendar
    • h_proposed_start_time

What other fields are you gathering?