Is anyone willing/able to share a TimeSheet Report for billing time back to the Organisation of the Customers of Requests?

Berto2002

Our sole aim in time recording would be to able to provide a report that showed an organisational unit how much time was booked against the requests that their staff logged on our portal.

The report needs to list every Request where the Customer who logged it is in a given Organisation Group of Type Company that had time booked against it within the reporting period; and show the total time on that Ticket to date, plus ticket status.

This seems to need a link between multiple tables like Customer - Request - TimeSheet

I am hoping such a report is possible and further hoping that somebody has done this before and would be willing to share the basis of the table joins required.

• Like 1

@James Ainsworth 

Hi James I have a presentation this afternoon at 3.30 and you have previously replied to one of these timesheet manager threads. Critical to our use of timesheet manager would be the creation of a report for use in billing. From your existing knowledge in the team are you able to give me a quick yes no answer as to whether the above report is even possible?

We need to ensure that time recorded against all Requests where the Customer is a Member of a given Organisation Group (Company), can be extracted for a given period (monthly) to act as a billing mechanism.

I'll try and have a look at it in a bit.  Not quite 8am for me yet.  :)  I would say that Timesheet Manager was not designed as a billing app but rather a free app to help see how staff are utilizing their time.   So I couldn't say off the top of my head if it would provide this particular type of report for you.  I would need to go in and attempt to build the report and not sure if I'll have time to do this by Wednesday.

@James Ainsworth this is a critical feature for our implementation. What is the mechanism by which I can get a definitive answer as to whether or how it is possible to produce billing-ready reports or data from TimeSheet Manager? At today's meeting, I will give a caveated recommendation and we'll need to nail the question quite quickly.

In order to get a definitive answer, I would suggest contacting Hornbill Expert Services.  While I might be able to piece something together, I'm not proficient in this area and you are likely to get a better result with a set timeframe through the Expert Services team.

We've got a draft report now.

I think there is an issue with Some fields in the database not getting , or at least not appearing in the report:

1. Timesheet Values (com.hornbill.timesheetmanager)->Start Time IS BLANK
  2. Timesheet Values (com.hornbill.timesheetmanager)->End Time IS BLANK
  3. Timesheet Values (com.hornbill.timesheetmanager)->Seconds IS BLANK

For example the bottom row below, the timer counted to 3 minutes and one second so I expect to see a one second value in the seconds field and I expected to see the start and end times of the timers

image.thumb.png.98496c40b44c3be8675c82f5f9eb79db.png

test-timesheet-report-13-may-2022.report.txt

• Like 1

Hi @Berto2002,

The seconds field is actually not in use - at one stage this was the intended granularity, but with network delays the accuracy would be misleading.

The other two fields are only in temporary use - by the app. Even though they populate for the time that the timer is running, the data gets removed once the timer stops.

The data you are after is the in the "Time" field which contains when the entry was made and the "Minutes" field which holds how much time (in minutes) was spent - which you would want to sum.

@SamS To be precise a couple of questions please:

1. when the timer is in use, do I treat the "Time" field, as the Start or the End of the time recording made by the User? For example, they could start a 10-minute timer at 11:55pm and finish at 12:05 am and would that log the Time as 11:55 or 12:05?
  2. If a User edits a Time entry in the GUI, the Time field gets updated to the new Time? So this is a way of moving time from, say, Monday to a Tuesday?

Thank you