Custom Button or Option for the customer

BobbyB

Good morning, is there anyway to create a custom button or option for the customer to select while viewing their request on the employee portal?

We currently have a process for Lost/Stolen items, and while this actually works really well it falls over if/when an item is then found before the request is resolved.  I'd like something where the customer can select 'item found' which would then trigger a banner to appear on the request.  The technician working on the request would immediately see this.

Or is there another way to do this?

Many thanks,

Bobby

@Alisha

• Like 1

Hi @BobbyB @Smurfy

A simple suggestion that could help right now is to give end users the ''Self Service Request Cancel User'' Role, and this will allow end users to simply cancel their request on the Employee Portal if needed. 

This is not applicable to Incidents, so as long as it is a service request then this could be an option?

image.png

Hi @Conor,

This option would not be feasible for us because if an action had already taken place, for example disabling the lost device, and the customer cancelled the request, it would disappear from our active requests queue and we would essentially lose the call history of what had taken place.

A custom button that we can use to trigger an Auto Task seems like it would be ideal for this scenario.

Many thanks,
Alisha

You might be able to have a well-formed mailto:// link in the update email template for that Request, which has the Subject and Body prepopulated.
I've not got time to test this at present, but:

<a href="mailto:yourservicedesk@yourhornbilladdress.com?subject={{.H_pk_reference}} - Item has been found&body=Please follow the Action Found procedure">I've Found it!</a>

Should create an email with a subject of:
IN01234567 - Item has been found
and a body of:
Please follow the Action Found procedure
The Customer just has to click the email link and send.

Your Routing Rules would pick up the Reference and apply it to the Request, which would alert the Owner, who could use their Custom Button in the Live Portal to perform the actions.

• 2 weeks later...

@Steve Giller That's an interesting workaround, thank you!

What would be really useful is for emails received on a request to trigger actions, such as a Notice being added. Could this be considered as an enhancement please?

Or the original request to have custom buttons for the customer to click on.

On 5/3/2022 at 3:20 PM, Steve Giller said:

You might be able to have a well-formed mailto:// link in the update email template for that Request, which has the Subject and Body prepopulated.
I've not got time to test this at present, but:

<a href="mailto:yourservicedesk@yourhornbilladdress.com?subject={{.H_pk_reference}} - Item has been found&body=Please follow the Action Found procedure">I've Found it!</a>

Should create an email with a subject of:
IN01234567 - Item has been found
and a body of:
Please follow the Action Found procedure
The Customer just has to click the email link and send.

Your Routing Rules would pick up the Reference and apply it to the Request, which would alert the Owner, who could use their Custom Button in the Live Portal to perform the actions.

Unfortunately this does not work as our email system is outside Service Manager so it doesn't pick up the {{.H_pk_reference}}.

Item found email.png

H pk reference.png

@AlishaThis worked fine for me.

I edited the Template, switched to Source Mode, added the line, returned to Edit Mode and saved the Template.

Using the Add Link button from the UI does not work (this is reported elsewhere on the forum but I can't find the post)

Having done that I raised the Request, opened the email with the link and clicked it:
image.png