Assigning a team in IT Testing

Amanda Durgan

Hi

We have set up a new BP and are using IT Testing to test it out.  We setup an automation to assign to the IT Service Desk team which works, however when we then try to assign an owner it does not give the IT Service Desk team as an option (only IT Testing and another test team)- if it is assigned to IT Testing it says that team does not exist.  Clearly missing something!  Can anyone help us out please?

IT Testing.PNG

Hi Amanda,

I presume this may be under a test service rather than a live service. If this is the case it looks like your Service Desk team is not added as supporting against the test service - I have come across this myself and had just omitted to add teams as supporting to my test service.

However the error above is something related to a task in the BPM - it looks like its looking for a User named IT Testing? Is this specified in the task node? we normally use &[global["flowcode"]["ownerId"]]  and leave the User blank:

image.png.d4a26d2cf9098bbe160868981e0a1dd2.png

Many thanks

• Like 1

Hi @Amanda Durgan

7 hours ago, Amanda Durgan said:

We setup an automation to assign to the IT Service Desk team which works, however when we then try to assign an owner it does not give the IT Service Desk team as an option

I just wanted to confirm if you are trying to assign the owner, is this for the owner of a request or the owner of a task? The error message that you have provided suggests that it is a task.

If it is a task, when assigning a task you need to make sure that you use the User ID and not the Username.  If you are using a variable to assign the task, when you are using the variable picker, you will see items that have (For Tasks) in the name.  These are the ones that you want to use.  

image.png

• Like 1

@Amanda Durgan There are a few ambiguities here:

• We have set up a new BP and are using IT Testing to test it out.
    • All OK so far!
  • We setup an automation to assign to the IT Service Desk team which works
    • Is this the BPM Workflow assigning the Request to the IT Service Desk team or something else?
  • However when we then try to assign an owner it does not give the IT Service Desk team as an option (only IT Testing and another test team)
    • Is this the Request? If so how is it being assigned? (e.g. by the workflow, by the Assign Action Item etc.) If not, what are you assigning (maybe a Task?) and how?
  • If it is assigned to IT Testing it says that team does not exist.
    • I'm not surprised you're confused here, maybe a screenshot of the page including error (with any identifying information removed, of course) so we know what we're looking for would help with this bit.
  • Like 1