Goto expressions

Hi, I was hoping someone could help with a problem I'm experiencing in a BPM  I have a 'Goto if' node in a process which depends on an amount entered in the pro-cap, if the amount is over 250 the process runs in one direction and if under in another direction.  Upon testing regardless of what amount is entered the request always runs in the route for under 250.  I have attached a copy of the Pro-cap setting also the setting in the Goto.

Thank you       

Janettgo

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hi @Janett Dervish

I'm interested in the NewCard vs RenewCard. 

image.png

Within Intelligent Capture I'm assuming that you have two questions or an option to select either a New Card or to Renew a card.  The user will not be selecting both.  So, if I select the option for a new card and enter a card limit of £1,000,000, this will be stored in the NewCard variable.  The value in the RenewCard variable will be null which will be viewed as a value less than 1.  The result would be that either one of these OR statements will always be true. Even though I entered 1,000,000 for the new card, the RenewCard will have a value less than 250 (null), so it will take this route.

From your screen grab of your configuration it looks like you are storing the card limit value in h_custom_27.  In your BPM, rather than having two custom expressions testing the values submitted in Intelligent Capture, you could have one statement testing the value stored in h_custom_27.  You may need a Get Request Information -> Request Details Hornbill Automation before your decision node that gets the values of the custom fields.  Once you have that, you can compare the value.  It should like 

image.png

It is always good practice to have a No Match branch, just in case something goes wrong.   You could have two branches, the one described above and then the No Match which would include everything below 250 without having to specify < 250.  Hope that makes sense.