Random issues with using Raise New

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

I have noticed today that sometimes when I use Raise New, and select the catalogue item under a service it gives an error 'This is a required field'. Then if I move to another catalogue and back it then seems to actually register the catalogue item I have selected.

I also have another User with a slightly different issue in that when she does the same as me, it seems to bypass the questions in the catalogue item and just raises a request with no details. Again this is intermittent for her as I have just tried the same process on her desktop and it gave me the correct response and I was able to complete the questions.

Anyone else seeing anything similar randomly occurring?

Many thanks

For a few days we have had a random issue with email logging where it loops back to an earlier node, then proceeds to log a ticket with no Service or Category.  I have logged this with support.

Today, team members have highlighted that a previously working section of our incident BP is not working and I haven't touched the BP itself.  Haven't had chance to check that out yet.

• Like 1

Hi @Adrian Simpkins

Regarding the first mentioned issue... There is this setting that makes a Request Catalog Item mandatory.  I can only think that your issue may be related to this.  Could you confirm if this setting is set to ON or OFF?

image.png

If this setting is ON, then it needs to have a Request Catalog Item selected under a Service.  It sounds a bit like it isn't recognizing that you have selected the Request Catalog Item.  I would also encourage clearing your Browser cache.  As there have been some slight UI changes to the Capture forms, it might be something within your cached files.  Do let us know if the issue persists.

Hi James, set to on. Its very random when it occurs, so it makes me think it might be a connection issue perhaps as only happening to myself and one other it seems. And I have not seen it happen again for me since the other day. I will check with the other User having issues and see if she is still seeing it occur and do some more checks myself, and will let you know

Many thanks

Hi James

The User who reported this to me has had it happen again today. She was able to raise the request correctly on the 2nd attempt but the 1st attempt just raised with no presented questions as above. She is hardwired into our Network, but no other Users are reporting the same problem, whereas I am on wifi and had it happen to me a couple of times last week. I have tried it a number of times today on my logon and I am getting the question presented with no issues so currently just this one User having this issue. 

She has also had some other random issues when using Hornbill offsite which no one else has reported so I think I will see about getting her laptop re-imaged and then see if she has any further problems

Many thanks as always

• 4 weeks later...

Hi James,

My User is still having the same issues in Edge - she has cleared down the cache in the browser but still seeing random failures when using Raise New. This is occurring when she is onsite, and offsite, and she has swapped over to Chrome in the interim as it seems to work fine for her there. Sometimes it would work fine, others it fails at the point the questions should show in the Raise New process.

Any other ideas as to why she may be getting this issue ? I have not seen the issue occur for me at all, so it appears to be just this one User having this problem

Many thanks !

Hi James

Just double checked with her and no addons or extensions installed - we are quite strict with allowing these kind of add ons within our builds normally, but definitely nothing installed. She has swapped to Chrome but of course this is not a supported / recommended browser so ideally I wanted to get her back on Edge

Is it worth raising a support ticket for a deeper dive?

Many thanks !