Admin console link removed?

lee mcdermott

Hi,

I noticed there are changes to the way we access the admin console coming, however I have just noticed the actual link in the drop down menu in Live Hornbill for all applications has been removed and there are no obvious links or menu items to now access the admin console.

Am I missing something or has any links or menu options been removed totally to allow access to the admin console?

Unless you happen to remember or know what he admin URL is I cannot see a way to access it anymore?

thanks

lee

Guest Ehsan

@Mark.Green, @lee mcdermott,

My personal settings is the default menu. The drop-down menu provides navigation options to the platform configuration and other applications.

image.png

This view is governed by your security rights to each menu and individuals menu items.

@Ehsan many thanks for this bit of info.

I hadn't realised the option would disappear (although makes sense), but seems a bit early to make the change, as the new Admin UI is happening on the 28th April.

Still thanks for the screenshots - I've passed this info to my other admins.

Nasim

45 minutes ago, Mark.Green said:

I have found the link but now when clicking on Measures I dont see anything

Which link are you clicking on?
If you used to navigate to Admin->Applications->Service Manager->Advanced Analytics->Measures you will need to select Service Manager from the new dropdown, then Measures from the Advanced Analytics section.

@nasimg

"I hadn't realised the option would disappear (although makes sense), but seems a bit early to make the change, as the new Admin UI is happening on the 28th April."

the old admin UI is still present on admin.hornbill.com but we have removed the link because its only 7 days way from getting switched off and we are still seeing traffic to the old admin tool, the link removal is our "gentle reminder" that the old Admin UI will stop working very soon, and we do not want a dead link in the menu. 

You will notice in  that drop menu  the section where the Admin link used to be is called :Useful Links" indicating this is a section of links to other "external" resources, of which the aol Admin was one. As the new admin UI is now part of the same app, there is no justification for leaving that administation link, especially when you can get at the admin/config area from the little cog icon at the bottom left of your view, or indeed, if you are a power user, by pressing Ctrl-Shift-S from anywhere and type in what you are looking for to administer. 

Sorry for any disruption, but we have found if we do not hurry these things along, they can stick around forever, which stalls progress, and leaves us needing to maintain two completely separate codebases. 

Thanks,

Gerry

46 minutes ago, Gerry said:

@nasimg

the old admin UI is still present on admin.hornbill.com but we have removed the link because its only 7 days way from getting switched off and we are still seeing traffic to the old admin tool, the link removal is our "gentle reminder" that the old Admin UI will stop working very soon, and we do not want a dead link in the menu. 

You will notice in  that drop menu  the section where the Admin link used to be is called :Useful Links" indicating this is a section of links to other "external" resources, of which the aol Admin was one. As the new admin UI is now part of the same app, there is no justification for leaving that administation link, especially when you can get at the admin/config area from the little cog icon at the bottom left of your view, or indeed, if you are a power user, by pressing Ctrl-Shift-S from anywhere and type in what you are looking for to administer. 

Sorry for any disruption, but we have found if we do not hurry these things along, they can stick around forever, which stalls progress, and leaves us needing to maintain two completely separate codebases. 

Thanks,

Gerry

@Gerry Yes I understand your point, I assumed the admin button would take you to the new UI, but @Ehsan has shown us what to do, so hopefully my admins will be fine on the 28th April. Removing the button does remind us the change is coming.....

Nasim

• Like 1