Completing Activities on behalf of another team

Alisha

Hello,

We sometimes require a team to complete an Activity on behalf of another team. Team A is not part of Team B, but we still need Team A to complete the activity when required (maybe 5% of the time). Is there a particular role that they would need to have in order to do this?

Many thanks,
Alisha

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @Alisha

This may or may not help, but we make sure that our tasks are preceded by a 'get request info' node, and then assign the task to the variable: "&[global["flowcode"]["assignedTeamId"]]" 

image.png.34c0b3961bd2177cdde19ace061c0b24.png

This doesn't ALWAYS work (as sometimes the request will be reassigned while the task is still 'live' so an admin has to go in to change the task in the request) but it has cut down amount of times that this happens.

Hi @Paul Alexander,

Thank you for your help.

When I try the Assign to Variable option, I get: &[global["flowcoderefs"]["getReqInformation"]["assignedTeamRawId"]]
Am I doing something wrong?

The request will be assigned to Team A, but the Activity needs to be assigned to Team B, with the option of Team A being able to completing the Activity from time to time.

Many thanks,
Alisha

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Alisha

Here are the options that we're shown when we use a 'get request info' node - I think the one that you're looking at is the "Assigned Team Id" option - I'm not sure what the difference is!

image.png.4132df6deb507f90c41b44a83e2a7b74.png

However, I don't think that this option will help you now that I've read it properly :rolleyes:

I think the only way to do this would be to create a NEW team, which includes everyone from Team A and everyone from Team B, and then assign this task to that 'group':

image.png.31af88cb63f0973030233fb057b8921a.png

I think this option makes keeping everything up to date a little clunky (like if people leave one of the teams, or a new person joins) UNLESS creating a new Team (Team C say) by adding/associating it to an Organisation (members of Team A and Team B say) means that this child team (Team C) automatically gets updated when  members of Team A or Team B get updated? But I don't think it does....maybe @Victor could confirm whether this happens or not? 

Guest Paul Alexander

@Victor could you mark this as an 'enhancement request' please? Or would it be best to start a new thread? 

We have similar situations where tasks could be carried out by people from a couple of different teams (regardless of who the request is assigned to), and having the 'either/or' option would be really helpful...

thanks 

15 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

@Victor could you mark this as an 'enhancement request' please? Or would it be best to start a new thread? 

We have similar situations where tasks could be carried out by people from a couple of different teams (regardless of who the request is assigned to), and having the 'either/or' option would be really helpful...

thanks 

Yes, please could we request this as an enhancement @Victor?

The problem with creating a separate team is that requests could be assigned to that team by accident and it may create more work with maintaining the teams.

Thanks for your help @Paul Alexander, I really appreciate your input.

5 minutes ago, Alisha said:

please could we request this as an enhancement

This thread is exactly this. It has been posted on our internal workspaces and development is aware of it. Apart from this I cannot say if, when, etc. is out of my hands.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...