More than one suspend timer in a stage?

Hi all.

I remember some months ago I tried to have more than one suspend node with a timer in a BP stage and it was not working as expected due to some limitation in the BP design. Apparently I could have only one suspend timer in a stage, but I'm not sure.

In my BP I have already on suspend timer in node (1) and I wanted to add a timer to the node (2) so the request is closed after three days if nobody closes it.

Do you know if this is working as expected?

Thanks and regards,

Alberto

image.png.4badecd318426f93ca1195df24d67d0a.png

Thanks for the quick response, @James Ainsworth.

I tried to find my discussion about the issues I had when I tried to set more than one suspend timer - I think it was with your colleague @Victor - when we concluded that the first suspend timer after triggered was resetting the second suspend timer making it useless (even for different wait events), but I couldn't find this discussion.

is this something you can double check?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Alberto M said:

I think it was with your colleague @Victor - when we concluded that the first suspend timer after triggered was resetting the second suspend timer making it useless

Afaik, you can have as many suspend nodes as you want....

Hi @Alberto M

Another scenario that may happen is if you have a suspend node in a loop or multiple suspend nodes waiting for the same value.  For example you have a suspend and wait for owner twice in your workflow, if on the first one you assign the owner, if you reach the second suspend, the owner will already be set so it won't suspend and just continue.  

• Like 1

@Alberto M

We have a similar process at the end of our workflow which is working and awaiting Feedback. As @James Ainsworth mentioned as long as you are suspending on different triggers you should be fine. In James example, if using the Owner suspend first, you then have to use 'Wait for New Request Owner' subsequently.

I remember we had to set the Feedback Expiry value rather rather than using the 'Auto' value as this did not inherit from the setting in the service.

Cheers

Martyn

image.thumb.png.67636a4a0706e7b8e216b1ce7af6e4e3.png

image.thumb.png.10133f823728d993d92008dd2684b7fb.png

• Thanks 1