[Error] When the BPM attempts to add a connection using Username variable or manual input, an error occurs

samwoo

Good afternoon,

For our New Starter process, we use the iBridge node Hornbill/Admin/Create a User to create Users in Hornbill, then the node straight after to add them as a Connection to the request.  

I have just received confirmation that in the last week or so this process has stopped working, giving us this error each time we reach that stage. I have checked the BPM and the running instances and no matter what I do, I can't move the BPM on.

This is where the error occurs:

image.png.29e7cc90dddae6218eff9b5574f5821d.png

The iBridge node works perfectly fine, the user is set up in Hornbill.

image.thumb.png.d9af477aaa72fe9094d7e4273713c11b.png

The Add user as connection node takes the output of the Create User in Hornbill iBridge node:
image.png.2efccd2376900c8becf6cebf59f3725e.png
(Password changed for the purpose of this screenshot)

Into the co-worker (From Variable) field (which doesn't work at all):

image.png.abd9ad423d1b18da0141c813fd1bff84.png

Producing this error message:

image.png.bb62421f2db3d05db22673827473d47a.png

It doesn't even work if I add the user manually either via the variable manual input or via to the dropdown list under the Co-Worker field then restart the process. So, we are now stuck with a bunch of requests that won't move on because of this issue.

Please advise as a matter of urgency.

Thanks,

Samuel 

@samwoo as a rule of thumb, if there is application functionality involved then it should go to that app forum section, regardless where in HB the issue is... so here, we have the "Add Connection to Request" that has an issue, which is SM (since we have have requests). This automatically means the Service Manager section. Other way to look at this is to ask the question "Would this issue happen if I did not have Service Manager"... If the answer is no (and it would have not happened given that "no SM - no requests or connections") then it goes straight to that forum section... to clarify further, the Business Processes section would have queries for the engine itself, for example, "when adding a node there is an error" ... we have no apps involved here, and the answer to above question would be yes, it would happen even without SM installed... therefore a query for the BPE section of the forum... :) 

• Like 1

While this wont help with restarting these BPMs that have failed, here are a couple of recommendations for updating the main BPM.

For the creation of a user, I would start by not using the iBridge automation and instead use the standard Hornbill Automation.

image.png

Then, in the Add Connection Hornbill Automation, there are a few fields that you have set to Auto.  If you are not using these fields I would set this to Ignore.

image.png

• Like 1

Thanks @Victory for the clarification, it makes sense now - I will try to make that distinction the next time I report any issues.

Thank you for the comments @James Ainsworth - I'll wait for Support to finish their investigation before updating the Business Processes accordingly.

@samwoo the node itself has not changed and it works fine if it has the expected values... try with having the unused params to Ignore as James suggested (always a good idea to have unused params on Ignore otherwise there can be problems, given how Auto works)... the only way I can see this issue happening is if somehow other params that you have an Auto get a value before this node is processed ...in which case the "ignore" would fix the issue you see...

Good afternoon,

I would just like to let you know that setting everything to ignore has worked and allowed this request to go through.

I will update according to the instructions in your post @James Ainsworth and what @Victor added in the last post.

Many thanks for all the help.

Samuel

• Like 1

Thanks @Victor.

I did a test using the Create New User node, but it doesn't create a New User, nor does it return any error messages detailing why it hasn't worked.

@Victor - Not at all, I was creating a tester user with some random test username and details... 

It could very well be that it's because I'm trying to populate some of the other fields using variables, which may not work?
image.png.7dae969ddaecbcda9f5cddbc038de827.png
Please note the password was change for this screenshot

Since I cannot access the ( i ) hover tips in the new Admin Tool (hovering doesn't reveal anything) and the tooltips icon in the old Admin Tool doesn't provide any useful information about these fields, I have no idea if what I've inputted will work or not.

Here is a bit of information on what each of the fields are doing:

User ID - Pulls from a Human Task input field used when the Analyst is confirming the User ID to be used after doing checks in AD and Hornbill

Name - Pulls from the Custom E field from the Request Details (as someone might be called differently to their real name) and the Last Name field on the Intelligent Capture form

User Type - Pulls from the outcome of the Human Task - I hope I have this set up correctly, the Outcome of the Human Task looks like this for the...

• Basic outcome
    image.png.08cac19bafa6dc4564274dd2891d0f6d.png

• Full Outcome
    image.png.3a875a6e10611627be2b3e8449132f68.png

First Name - Pulls from the Custom E field from the Request Details (as someone might be called differently to their real name)

Last Name - Pulls from the Last Name field on the Intelligent Capture form

Job Title - Pulls from the Job Title free text field on the Intelligent Capture form

Home Organization - Pulls from the Data Query dropdown list of Organizations in Hornbill - no way of setting Raw or Display value

Site - Pulls from the Data Query dropdown list of Sites in Hornbill - no way of setting Raw or Display value

Email - Pulls from a Human Task input field used when the Analyst is confirming the Email Address to be used after doing checks in AD and Hornbill

15 minutes ago, samwoo said:

Since I cannot access the ( i ) hover tips in the new Admin Tool (hovering doesn't reveal anything) and the tooltips icon in the old Admin Tool doesn't provide any useful information about these fields, I have no idea if what I've inputted will work or not.

A fix for this will be out soon.  The work is completed and we are just waiting for the release to go live.  You can still visit the old admin tool for now to get this information.

• Thanks 1