IMPORTANT! Refactored Intelligent Capture to be enabled on Tuesday 12th April

Guest Ehsan

Guest Ehsan

All,

As you may have heard at the Customer Roadmap Overview, we have been refactoring the Intelligent Capture for improved usability and performance. The new engine will be enabled by default on Tuesday 12th April. There is no migration required and the switch is seamless.

The project aimed to provide a unified mobile-friendly experience across the board for the agent view and portal experience. We tackled inefficiencies and performance-related issues while moving to new technologies to support our maintenance efforts and speedy delivery of enhancements.

Should there be any concerns or bugs to report, please post on the Service Manager thread.

Service Manager Development

• Victor featured this topic
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Ehsan

Could you let us know exactly WHAT these changes will look like please, so we can inform our users? I just know that ANY change will make them call me, if I can pre-empt that happening it might save me a headache or two :)

thanks

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Paul Alexander,

The changes are around the infrastructure and technology choices, we have applied usability and performance improvements to the user-interface (for example, the Customer Search has a different look) but we do not expect a change in behaviour. This project has been in Beta testing for over 2 months now, the experience across all the Hornbill offerings are now uniform - user app, Employee Portal, Customer Portal and the mobile app. It's a positive change looking ahead with the upcoming Service Manager changes.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Kind regards,

Ehsan

Guest Paul Alexander

Thanks for that @Ehsan

I was just a little worried as, last time I turned the experimental feature on, it prevented analysts from logging requests.

I've just tested this and it does seem to be working ok, although one analyst has said that if they're filling in a drop-down select field, and either start typing an option or arrow down to an item, and then press the 'tab' key, it used to enter the selection as the chosen option. 

With the 'new' option switched on, that doesn't happen. Is that something that's been reported?

thanks

Paul

Guest Ehsan

@Paul Alexander,

The next release includes more fixes for issues that were reported in Beta testing. I will get the team to look into the issue you mentioned here. Feel free to disable it for now until the next release which promotes further fixes.

Ehsan

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Mohamed

So, if I open a PCF and select a drop down select box, in this instance (with the experimental option OFF), if I arrow down to an option and press the 'tab' key, whatever option I'd tabbed down to is selected in the box:

image.png.a36953fbf82b8dc355e02ce316677ec2.png

However, with the experimental feature turned ON, if I go to the same form and field, and arrow down, the selection isn't reflected in the the box, and pressing the tab key at this point leaves the box blank:

image.png.769b3fa76e0cbd9fafe989db213de27b.png

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Paul Alexander

Our developers have tried to replicate the issue, but the functionality seems to work fine as you described, both when the experimental feature is off AND on

Just to confirm, this is a custom field correct? Also, which browser are you using? 

Thanks 

Guest Paul Alexander

This is a custom form using a dynamic drop down simple list, and we're using Chrome browser:

image.thumb.png.4ec1f374db7901669be9014f04444cf1.png

Guest Mohamed

@Paul Alexander

Thanks for that, we were able to replicate the issue. It seems to be an issue with the dynamic dropdown. I'll raise this with the development team and look to have it sorted as soon as possible

Mohamed

• 1 month later...
  • Victor unpinned and unfeatured this topic