Asset Questions

Jeremy

We are thinking of using Service Manager to list our major equipment assets in our business and then to link audits etc to them via PCFs.

So I noticed that in 'Software' Assets you can create tasks, is this available for all Assets? As I have created a new Asset type and it doesn't seem to show in the same place, just wondering if I am missing something.

Also where are the translations for these fields as we want to make some changes?

Can we add custom fields to assets? (We want to create service intervals against equipment)

Hi @Jeremy

I'm not seeing an option to create Tasks in Software (or any other) Asset - can you pop in a screenshot of where you're seeing this in case I'm missing something?

You can see the fields that can be translated if you turn on Translation Mode from the User Menu (click on your icon, top right) and then right-click any underlined word.

You can request Custom Fields for assets by giving the fields, the data types, and a strong business case for them, but you cannot add them yourself.

With the translations you can repurpose other fields for the user of service intervals. Not sure if you are looking for a date field or to specify a number of months or weeks, but you may find that there is something not too far off of what you need.  For example, under Financial Information there are some fields that might be relevant to providing regular service to an asset.

image.png